"Is he riding with us?" I asked as I straightened some wrinkles on my little, black dress.

He grabbed his keys resting on the kitchen island. "Nope, he's gonna bring his own car."

He held my hand as I grabbed the doorknob. I looked at him confusingly.

"Cheska..." softly he said. "Sigurado, maraming lalaking papaligid sa'yo. You're free to socialize with them of course. But," his jaw clenched. "Once they do something stupid to you, there's a price to pay."

I quickly gave him a soft peck on the lips. His frown disappeared. "Di ko rin naman sila papatulan. They're no match compared to you."

"Sa'n na kaya siya?" I turned my head around the parking lot as RR maneuvered the car on our spot.

"Why are you so eager to see him?" he asked flatly while looking at the side mirror to make sure his parking is fine. "Last time I checked his message, he's on the way."

"I'm not eager, okay? I'm just wondering." Napapaisip tuloy ako kung nagseselos ba siya? Really, I'm just curious about Neil's whereabouts.

"Wondering about another man while I'm around? That doesn't sound -"

"Sound what?" I cut him off. "Ilugar mo yung pagseselos mo, RR."

"I'm not jealous!" He opened the door with so much force that I almost thought it's going to detach from the car.

"So anong tawag mo diyan?" I retorted. I quickly stepped out of the car also. I faced him and put my hands on my hips. The car between us.

I held my stare for a few seconds. It was dark around us. Only the bluish tint from the neon signage of the bar lit us.

I watched him rake his fingers through his hair and just grumbled.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at him and walked towards the entrance. The ground was vibrating under my heels as the music from the bar was in full blast. My pulse was matching the beat and my chest felt hammered by the vibration caused by the massive stereo speakers stacked outside the bar.

Despite the loud music, I could hear his scurrying footsteps after my steady ones. "Cheska, wait!" I did not stop walking.

Hinigit niya ang braso ko dahilan para mapatingin ako sa kanya. "Ches..." Ches? It's the first time he called me this one.

My mouth did not say a word.

"I'm sorry. I admit I'm worried. I know you liked my cousin before you liked me." He kept his stare at the ground. I have never seen RR this insecure before.

"But RR alam mo namang ikaw ang mahal ko ngayon 'di ba? I already gave myself to you hindi pa ba-"

"Cheska!"

The source of the three high-pitched voices came from the entrance. I squinted my eyes to get a better look.

"See you later," RR whispered. He quickly wore his cap and sprinted away from me.

I finally recognized the three figures as they ambled closer to me. My blockmates. They brought their cocktails outside.

"Who were you talking with kanina?" tanong ni Xiena. She stretched her neck as she scanned the parking lot. "Grabe nasa parking lot ka pa lang may nasungkit ka na agad!"

"Ah wala 'yun. Just a random guy." I replied.

"You know what? There are more hotties inside! 'Lika na!" yaya sa akin ni Celestine habang tinutulak nila ako papasok ng bar.

"Have you seen Sharpay?" halos pasigaw kong tanong dahil sa sobrang lakas ng tugtog.

"Yep! She's here kanina pa!" sigaw pabalik sa akin ni Janice. Saktong pagkalagpas namin sa bouncers, tumama sa balat ko ang lamig sa loob. Ramdam ko agad ang pagtayo ng balahibo ko lalo na sleeveless at backless ang suot ko.