Chapter 21 - Half Gained Half Lost

A/N - Hello~  Everyone had a nice April Fools I hope, as I am back with a new, and rather long, chapter.  I apologize if this is a bit of a crummy chapter, I'm not the best at writing action yet XD  In other news, after this chapter, there will not be many more after, as this story is coming to an end.  Sad but true.  I've been thinking about doing a Modern AU for like an epilogue of something, but I'll leave that decision up to you all!  Other than that, enjoy the chappie and think about that AU idea and tell me what you think!  Enjoy~!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi has moved much faster ahead of the group, desperately searching for a sign, any sign, for the two red-heads. He followed different pieces of information of his tracking skills he had picked up from his many years in combat and as he leapt and sped through the foliage, he soon emerged from the forest and came immediately face to face with the small troop of 5 large men. One man held onto an unconscious Shirayuki, another man was restraining a fearful, rabbed acting Alice. Obi's blood boiled at the sight of her. She was thrashing around violently, as her hand were restrained behind her and her ankles held in a close proximity by shackles. She wanted to shout more than a few profanities, but could only let out muffled as she was silenced by a gag. He found it odd that the violet haired vermin, or Lucifer, was not with them. Obi knew he hadn't been noticed yet, as these men seemed dense as clay, so he quickly stepped back slightly into the foliage and watched them. He slowly and quietly drew a few of his throwing knives and waiting for his moment.

His eyes widened a bit as he saw it and whipped his arm, releasing the knives as they soared through the air and hit one man, his body falling to the ground as one knife pierced through his neck. The remaining 4 guards then saw Obi as he came from hiding and the 2 without a hostage ran to take him on.

Alice was surprised to say the least, she didn't expect Obi to show up so quickly, and much less alone. It was a bad idea, he was strong yes, but these men were tanks. Giant and strong, even Obi would have a hard time. She whipped her head around, her breathing frantic from her gag and slowly building adrenaline. She looked to Shirayuki as she was hoisted over the shoulder of the man standing next to her. She scanned her brain for a strategy, anything would work, just something. She needed to help Shirayuki, after all, she means so much to Obi and her, and Obi means a lot to Alice. Then something seemed to click the moment she saw a dip in the ground a few feet away. She then decided what to do. While Obi was busy with the other two, she would get Shirayuki out of danger, reassuring Obi, it was the least she could do for everything they've done for her.

She lifted her knee, positioning her foot above the man's that held her and rather forcefully slammed her boot-clad heel into his limb; she added a few twisted and turns, inflaming the skin just to piss him off. He clicked his tongue and did the first reaction that anyone human would do when they harmed their foot. He lifted it. She took this change and pushed her back against his chest and worked him backward, counting her steps. Once her ideal number was hit, she shoved backward with her head, hitting the man's chin as he stepped in the dip she had spotted earlier and tumbled with her. She fell on top of him, he released his hold on her, but only as they hit the ground. Alice landed as her arms were still being held from behind and she heard a, surely unhealthy, snap in her shoulder. She gasped and bit at her gag as she rolled over, her arms now free and ripped off her gag from her mouth.

The corners of her mouth and around her face had red raw marking from the cloth, but she ignored the burning as she glared at the man holding Shirayuki. However, naturally the other 2 men who was busy with Obi, took notice and one broke away to deal with her. Obi stared at Alice in shock. It looked like she was running on nothing but will power, pumping plan after plan in her head and thinking of the next moves before they even happened. However, there was one thing he had recognized, something he had only briefly glimpsed before; the look she wore on her face. Her eyes were narrow and she was extremely focused as her body relaxed and she centered on only her battle, it was like the first time they had meet on that day Izana brought them all in to greet Alice properly and Obi and Alice had a quickly and unfinished brawl.