Chapter 13 -Greenhouse Chats

A/N - Hello~ I was one a bit of a writing spree yesterday so I got quite a bit done, so I thought I'd post the next chapter and if you're lucky enough, tomorrow will be yet another update! Y'all are awesome, lemme just say that, this story has been much more of a success than I ever thought it would, and y'all are to thank for that! Anyways, short Note is short, but let's continue one with the chapter! Sorry if it seems a bit short guys >~< Enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since Alice had came to Wystial Castle in Clarines, invited by Prince Izana. (Yes pretty large time skip, sorry xD) She was currently in the greenhouse that held many different species of flowers and wild greenery. Obi had just left, and so it was just her and SHirayuki. They talked and laughed about anything that came to mind until Alice walked by a certain flower that she recognized from her own country. She bent her knees and kneeled down to it, cupping it gently in her palm as she smiled at it.

"Do you like camellias Alice?" Alice gazed at a beautiful Camellia Blossom, blooming a soft, perfect pink hue with its green stems healthy. She nodded in response to Shirayuki's answer and released the flower, watching it dip and say until it steadies once again.

"I do. Their my favorite flower." Alice turned her hair and smiled at Shirayuki and she only returned her gesture with her own smile. The two continue their stroll and eventually find themselves chatting gracefully, sitting on a bench that is surrounded by the bushes of leaves, flowers and herbs. Alice was happily listening to how Shirayuki and Zen had meet, of course that includes the whole ordeal with Prince Raj of Tanbarun which Alice was not surprised about, he's always been a spoiled child from rumor. She explained how she became a court herbalist and about a girl who has a beautiful bird for a friend, about an ex-noble boy who tried to 'show-off' Shirayuki for her hair and looks, about how Obi was at first hired to rid the castle of her, and even about how she came to realize how much she cared and respect for Zen.

"Wooow," Alice looked at Shirayuki with respect and a smile. "You've been through a lot haven't you, I bet your grandparents are so proud of how strong you've become Shirayuki!" Alice then looked down and twiddled her thumbs. "Say.. you do love Zen.. don't you?" Shirayuki's face turned a soft hue of pink as she offered a small smile and nodded.

"Y-yes.. I do." Alice piped up again, this time with a different question.

"How do you know? How can you tell.. When you love someone?" Shirayuki turned her head to look at Alice. Alice's body was hunched over as she twiddled her thumbs, her long crimson hair covered her face, so Shirayuki couldn't see, but she more than likely had a tinted face that held an expression of curiosity. Shirayuki smiled as she had a theory as to why she would ask, and whom she would be implying. She moved to where she was once again sitting straight, facing the outside windows of the greenhouse.

"Truthfully, I never knew until told me in his own way that he loved me." Alice looked at Shirayuki through her hair and saw her soft smile with her hands clasped together and held to her heart. "I had always held such high levels of respect for him, whether he was a prince or not. He was always beside me, always taking care of me, protecting me and still remained a brilliant prince. Sure he has a habit of skipping out on deskwork, or sneaking away from Mitsuhide, but it's nice to have a playful attitude sometimes, it's refreshing. He makes my heart flip, and makes my chest warm and calms me. I care about him, and it makes me happy he cares about me too!"

Shirayuki's eyes had closed in a wide smile, her cheeks tinted pink. The sun was beginning to lower itself in the sky, and the color's seeped in through the greenhouse windows. Shirayuki's face lit up with an aura of beauty and grace. Just looking at her smiling expression made Alice calmer. She truly was beautiful, it's no wonder Zen loves her.. any one could, after all even Obi does.. Alice felt a twinge of sadness at his feelings towards Shirayuki. Obi seemed to love Shirayuki, but he won't act on it because Zen and Shirayuki love each other. Unrequited love, it must hurt. Alice felt foolish for ever thinking Obi could feel that way about her, after all Alice did develop some, let say, emotions towards the carefree man.

Alice sat up and looked at Shirayuki with admiration. "You truly are amazing. Zen's got himself a keeper." Alice smiled and crossed her arms in a teasing manner as Shirayuki erupted with a blush and stuttered out a sentence. Alice laughed at her reaction and soon enough, the two were filling the wildlife air with a duet of laughter. The two calmed down and were wiping stray tears that escaped their eyes. As silence dwelled, a small rapping was heard as the sliding door to the greenhouse was opened. Alice and Shirayuki, looking at each other confused, got up and went around to see who had entered. Standing there was Zen, in all his noble glory.

"Well speak of the devil." Alice smirked as she crossed her arms and Shirayuki let out a small giggle as Zen stood there, a look on confusion on his face. He seemed he wanted to question the two red-head by Alice simply dismissed the thought. "It's nothing~ Anyways, why did you come here? You need something?"

Zen cleared his throat with his fist to his mouth and then resumed crossing his arms over his chest. "I came to get you actually Alice." Alice looked at Shirayuki confused, seeing if she knew why, she only shrugged and Alice averted her gaze back to Zen for answers. "I've been hearing the guards recently, they've been debating on whether they should ask you for training in combat, but they were undecisive. However, only early did one come to me and ask. So I've come to get your opinion on the matter." Alice felt flattered that they wanted her of all people to help them in combat training, however she wanted to hear it from them herself.

"Sure, I'll tag along. However, if they can't ask me to my face, I won't lift a finger." Alice lifted her hands to the back of her hand and leaned backwards a bit voicing her conditions. Zen naturally agreed thinking that was fair enough and so, he escorted Alice and Shirayuki to the guards who were waiting patiently in the training grounds, anxiously awaiting their arrival.