However Blackbeard only laughed as the ground cracked even more, both pirates and marines falling into the new gorge below them. 

"It's not just the ground either!" exclaimed a marine. "The sky... The sea... Everything is trembling!"

And he was exactly right. The sea was in parts, the skies clashed and the entire of Marineford trembled beneath Blackbeard’s power.

Waves began to crash down on ships, sinking them instantly. Ace grabbed one of Aki's swords, smashing it into the frozen ground, gripping the handle tight to stable them and make sure he didn’t slide into the gorge as he held onto Aki.

"Ace!" she cried as she gripped onto him, but the earthquake was too powerful, the tipping of the ground was too much. Ace's grip on Aki was lost.

"Aki!" he yelled as he reached out for her but she was sliding away.

"Ace-ahhh!" she screamed, her body sliding further and further away from him.

Ace acted fast, letting go of her sword before he began running towards Aki, but the pain in his side and the earthquake was too much. He fell on his stomach, clutching his side that was no longer their yet blood still spilled from it.

"Aki!" he yelled again, forcing himself to ignore the pain in him only to see her still sliding, right into a new gorge created by Blackbeard. "No.." he whispered.

Aki forced herself to glance around, looking for something to grab onto until she saw herself only meters from the gorge. 

Her eyes widen in shock and fear. Knowing she didn't have the time or strength to bring out her own sword, she froze. 

Her entire expression was covered in fear and everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

She felt her feet off the cliff, her whole body slowly following after, she saw Ace trying to reach her, yelling but she couldn't hear him. She couldn’t hear anything, at that moment, she thought she was going to die.

Half her body was now off the cliff, Ace still too far away as her stomach blocked her vision of what was before her, until she saw a sword, only the tip stabbed into the ground, she didn't have another split second to think. She grabbed the blade of the sword with her right hand, it dug into her skin, causing blood to gush out but she forced herself to ignore that pain as now her whole body dangled off the cliff, the only thing keeping her there was her grip on the sharp blade of the sword.

"AKI!" Ace yelled, adrenaline kicking in him as he forced himself up, moving at impossible speed. He instantly grabbed Aki's wrist just as she let go of the sword. "Aki! Hang on!" he yelled as he dug the sword deeper into the ice, giving him something to grip onto.

"Ace!" she cried, fear filled in her voice, but not fear of her dying, fear of losing her child.

Ace began to pull Aki up, but she had put on more weight now that she was pregnant. He only got her halfway up out of the gorge before the pain in his side appeared again. 

He bit his lip, and felt like he didn't have the strength to pull Aki back up as his grip on her wrist began to slip.

“Ace!” Aki cried.

But Ace’s grip was still faltering, until his eyes locked with hers.

Her eyes were filled with fear, they were begging. Begging him to save her, begging him to pull her back up. They held so much emotion, so much that Ace couldn't read it all.

But Ace forced himself to forget his pain. He forced himself to do what Aki was begging for. He ignored the pain in his side, he ignored the blood spitting out of his wound, he ignored how much his grip on the sword hurt, he ignored every single little bit of pain inside him as he held on tighter to Aki's wrist, and in one not so smooth move, her yanked her back up into the air and out of the gorge.