Chapter 5

---3rd person---

'I don't want you to fight in this war.'

The words echoed over and over in her mind as she just stood there, trying to process what her captain had just said.

"Are you fucken kidding me!?" she snapped finally understanding what he had said. "You can't not let me fight in this war! This is Ace were talking about!! He's-"

"AKI." he roared, his loud booming voice caused her to stop right in her tracks.

She snapped her mouth shut, biting her lip, trying to stop herself from crying. She just couldn't believe this. She knew she had to fight in this war. She just knew it.

"Aki." he started more softly. "Do you have any idea what Ace would do if you got hurt trying to save him?"

Her eyes widened but he carried on.

"What do you think would happen if you got hit? Or if you got shot? What do you think Ace would do? Do you think he's just sit there? Aki, he'd get so angry, he’d try to escape and they’d just kill him sooner. Heck what if something happened to your child?"

Aki felt a cold chill to her spine as she looked away, her hands resting gently on her belly.

She knew everything he said was true. She knew Ace would go crazy if something happened to her, that's just the kind of guy he was.

"But pops.." she started, her eyes watering. "I... I love him.."

Whitebeards expression softened as he wrapped an arm around the girls shoulders before bringing her in a gentle hug, being careful of Aki's stomach.

"I.. I just want him home!" she cried out before bursting into tears.

~

Marco let out a sympathetic sigh as he heard the cries and sobs of Aki from Whitebeards room. He’d overheard the entire conversation.

He was like her older brother; he was supposed to protect her.

Why didn't I stop Ace? He thought as he pushed up the wall and began walking to the edge of the ship. If I'd just stopped him! If I just held him back for a moment, Aki could have told him and he would have stayed!

He let out a slight growl as he ran his fingers through his hair, before staring out at the never ending sea.

Images of Ace flashed through his mind. Marco really was found of Ace, he liked the kind of guy he was, but he also like the way he treated Aki.

It was hard for Marco to see Aki sad, he'd only seen her so pained once and that was when she told him of her pain.

---flashback---

Marco let out a frustrated sigh.

He couldn't sleep; he just had too much on his mind.

He grunted before getting up and walking out to the deck of the ship.

He leaned against the railing, taking a deep breath in, smelling the fresh sea air, as he looked up at the night sky.

He let out a sigh. It's so nice put here. So calming so-

"Nice out here, isn't it?" said a voice beside him, interrupting his thoughts.

Marco turned only to find Aki standing next to him, also looking out at the sea.

"Can't sleep?" he asked with a sympathetic sigh.