chapter seven: sisters

A/N The picture is Theodora.

My sister was twenty-two and I was fourteen when she moved away to New York. My sisters name is Theodora. One trait I received from her, is her hair. She has long blonde hair that reaches past her shoulders.

Theodora never liked to express empathy to others, but when I got diagnosed she was very kind, and expressed more empathy than I've ever seen her do. She called me about 2 days of the week, and made sure mom and dad were taking care of me and not fighting their heads off. My sister likes to drink, and so does her boyfriend, so often she'd call me in the mornings, telling me she loved me and how she should've taken me with her to New York.

She also called me once every month, if it wasn't a drunken call, after I finished most of my treatment.

My sister rarely showed it, but she regretted not taking me with her and her boyfriend to New York, like we planned so many years ago.

***

"So, where should we live when we move?" She asked when she was fifteen  and I was seven. We were planning our future, and what we were going to do once we moved out. That was the day she promised to take me with her.

"New York. Or California. Or Florida. Somewhere near beaches. Or we could move to England," my seven year old self wished. "Let's move to New York," she said, and marked it on our future plans in our little notebook. "If you move, will you take me with you?" I asked. "Of course, I promise," she falsely claimed.

Now it's been three years and she hasn't come and gotten me yet, and has broken our promise.

When she moved, things went a little hectic in the house; mother started spring cleaning everything, and father was the worst, his anger steamed at nothing and everything.

Also, when she moved, I looked at the future notebook one more time to see if leaving me was in any of her plans. It wasn't, it was just a simple mistake and something she forgot to look at or do before she left.

When she visits, it's so fun, we watch movies, eat a lot of ice cream, and talk about our lives. She tells me about the Christmas' in the Hampton's, and how the New Years Eve parties are so chaotic. I tell her about treatment and how that is going, and how our parents are dealing with each other.

She always remembers my birthday, even if nobody else does, except for when I turned fifteen.

***

My sister is eight years older than me, and is more like a mother, when she isn't around, than a bigger sister. She took care of me, when my parents were out at a party or a friends house. Theodora, also introduced me to my recent music tastes, and helped me with my recent fashion with the air pump and my lungs.

She'd Skype me and help with what to wear on a date with Malcolm, or the hospital prom, and later call me and check and see if everyone liked my dress.

Theodora studies Music and Arts, at New York Music and Arts, Inc. and works as a journalist.

She's engaged to her boyfriend, and they are getting married next year. Hopefully, my lungs will be good enough to get on the plane and go see them for their wedding, if not mother and father will go, and take pictures.

Mother, thought about driving, but she doesn't think my lungs could take that either, and my father and her in the same car for seventeen hours would end in a disaster and a lot of arguments. Her fiance, Cameron, is nice and made sure he got my approval before asking for her hand in marriage. He is quite adorable and is perfect for my sister because she shows feelings, that she doesn't show around us, around him. Cameron, also encourages her to finish school and continue with her career of a journalist while he works as a doctor.

A/N hey guys! did y'all get the reference? lol probably not. so how are y'all?