Chapter 6 ~ Twisted

ابدأ من البداية

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gold's POV

I was surrounded by twisted trees, stairs and buildings. Everything around me was shrouded in a dark, black mist. The air was thick and it was hard to breathe. I looked around but saw nothing but darkness and creepy, twisted objects.

I looked straight ahead and noticed objects off all shapes and sizes floating towards me.

The first thing that was close enough for me to see was a teddy bear. But this teddy bear wasn't normal.

One of its ears was ripped off and stuffing was falling out the side of its body. Big, black X's replaced the bear's eyes and its mouth was sewn into a creepy, shark-toothed smile.

The bear flew over my head and into the dark void behind me.

The next object was a journal. It was tattered and had pages ripped and falling out. I caught a glimpse of one of the remaining pages and saw black smudges and scribbled writing all over it. Just before it flew past, I saw the cover of the journal. It had 'DREAMS' written on it in all-capitals, bold, gothic writing.

It gave me the shivers.

I started moving forwards unwillingly, closer to the hoard of sinister objects that floated past me. I tried to yell-out, but my voice was gone, and so was all control over my body.

Many objects floated by as I was dragged further and further ahead. Things such as pens, toys, books and balloons. But they all had ghoulish features to them.

All of a sudden, I came to a halt. A shadowy figure rushed past me, causing a disturbing chill to run through my body.

It returned again, but this time it passed above me. I tried to turn around and run, but a horrible force was keeping me still.

A nightmarish roar came from below me and it made the hairs on my neck stand on-end.

The dark shadow beneath me slowly emerged to reveal menacing red orbs for eyes. I couldn't see anything else as it was shrouded in darkness. The creature's startling red eyes gave off an eerie glow and it made me want to scream in horror.

The terrifying beast gave off a blood-curdling roar and I wanted to faint right then and there. The ringing in my ears was unbearable once the creature had stopped. It was so loud that I thought my head was going to explode, but all it left was a throbbing headache.

The demon slowly backed away until I couldn't see it anymore. Once again I had control over my body and I sighed in relief.

I thought that I would finally be safe but the eyes of the beast suddenly returned. It was far off in the distance, but it was rapidly closing in.

My terror-stricken body refused to move and I watched in horror as its red eyes came closer and closer...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gold's POV

It had been three days since that horrible dream. It had also been three days since Red had spoken to me.

My ankle was basically healed except for the dull aching pain I got when I moved it to much.

I didn't know why, but I felt like those two nightmares I had recently were connected. The first one I had was about falling into a deep, dark abyss somewhere on Mount Silver. The second one was about me being in a creepy, twisted world. And in that world, there was a creature of some sort. A beast with glowing red eyes.