Chapter 27: I'll Keep You Safe

Kurt's POV

Sebastian and I were sat in Dalton's extensive library when our phones both buzzed with a message at almost exactly the same time. I'd decided to simply ignore it though felt the need to see what it was when Sebastian checked his phone and placed his pen down with a frown.

{ Warbler practise room. Come at once if convenient. If inconvenient, come anyway. }

I didn't need to check the caller ID to see that it had come from Jeff, he was quite the 'Sherlock' fan.

"It's probably only an impromptu meeting but we should go," He began to pack his books away into his messenger bag and looked to me when he noticed that I remained staring at the screen, having not moved from my spot, "Come on, Kurt. You don't want to make Wes angry for not turning up to Warbler rehearsal. That gavel is pretty hard, especially when it's coming down on your head. Trust me, I should know."

Looking up to see him offering his hand, I nodded silently and clutched my chemistry textbook to my chest, stumbling on the way from the chair and wincing slightly as it dug sharply into my hip.

We walked down the hall, my hand in Sebastian's firm grip for comfort as I shied away from every person that we passed who I so much as came under the line of sight of. I didn't want to talk to anyone and I certainly didn't want to go to Warbler practise though I knew that Sebastian was right, Wes would kill me if I didn't turn up. I had the feeling that Blaine would also be disappointed too and although I had absolutely no desire to speak with him anymore, the thought that he could possibly think poorly of me made my heart want to split in two.

When we'd arrived outside the door, Sebastian stopped us and forced me to look up at him by placing his hands firmly on my shoulders and angling my body towards his. He stared into my eyes for a moment as I attempted to look anywhere else but into his green irises, "Kurt, are you okay?"

I nodded absently, pulling away from his gentle grip with little force and standing back, waiting for him to open the door.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Sebastian paused for a moment longer before pushing the heavy door to the Warbler practise room open. Though he stopped again when he wasn't greeted by eighteen blazer-clad boys, but by five.

"Is Kurt with you?" Could clearly be heard in Nick's voice as Sebastian walked further into the room suspiciously, eventually pulling me along behind him when he'd realised that I'd stopped.

I cast my eyes over the five boys immediately standing to greet me, watching dubiously as they began to step towards us and stepping back when they started to get too close. Settling on Blaine, a quiet gasp escaped my lips as I noticed just how bad he looked. I'd been leaving the dorm before he'd woken and coming back after he'd gone to sleep since the incident, spending all of my spare time in Sebastian's room. I was too shameful to face him and I'd thought that he'd be better off without me anyway, I hadn't expected him to look so rough.

His hair was dishevelled, curls escaping the lazily applied gel and his tie hung loosely around his neck with his shirt untucked and the top button undone. My puppeteer's eyes seemed dead, no longer golden and shining like the stars I'd once mused that they'd controlled and he had a dark circle under the one that hadn't been hit whilst the other was still black as the night he ruled over.

"Kurt," Blaine swallowed, biting his lip before continuing as the nerves dripped from his face, "Please, come and sit down."

Sebastian glanced between us, folding his arms in boredom for a moment, "So, should I leave?"