Chapter 3~Crashes and Choking.

A/N: Hey guys, I just want to thank you for all the support on this book, anyway the picture above is Derek.

I sat quite in the back of the SUV, thinking over what to say. I can tell the truth, but I don't even know the truth anymore. "Do you need anything, it's going to be a long car ride" Derek laughed, keeping his eyes on the road. I rolled my eyes and hugged myself, trying to keep warm. "No" I snapped, rolling my eyes. Fox looked at Derek, eyeing me, while I acted like I never saw anything. "Well too bad, I wanted to stop and Starbucks but I guess not" Fox said with a chuckle. I leaned forward, still crossing my arms, "Okay listen here, if you want to get something out of me, you aren't so you don't even have to take me anywhere". Fox twisted his back, making eye contact with me, "So if you have nothing to hide this will be easy, don't you think?".

I sat back, praying that getting to the CIA headquarters wasn't going to take long. Swerve to the right. I thought as a devious grin appeared in my face. Derek then gasped, swerved to the right, making the car roll into the ditch.

Smoke from the engine flew up into the sky. The airbags deployed, causing Fox and Derek to be knocked out. I scrambled to get out of the wrecked car. I pushed open the door and climbed out. I rushed over to the side of the highway, waving my hands frantically in the air, trying to catch the attention of anyone. A car pulled over, the passenger jumped out, running to my side. I noticed the guy, brown hair, hazel eyes, muscular arms, it had to be Matt. "Lena, are you okay?" Matt said, wrapping his arms around me. I nodded and buried my head into his shoulder. What have I done, if the CIA agents where dead I will be dead, more questions, more stalking.

I pulled back from Matt and ran down the little hill to the smoking car. I opened Derek's door and pulled him out with all my might. Matt ran down to help, I handed him Derek's limp body. I rushed around the car, opened up Fox's door and also dragged him out. I pulled him up the hill towards the road just as the car blew up in flames. I gasped, jumping back into Matt's arms.

Any emergency service ever showed up to the car, on fire, probably spewing out toxic gases that will kill me one day. Some men in black took Derek and Fox into their car, driving away like nothing happened. The men that took Derek and Fox looked as if they work with the CIA too, but I could never say for sure.

"Are you okay?" Matt asked, squishing my cheeks in-between his giant hands. I nodded, scared that he could see through me, seeing my lie. Instead he smiled, tears shining in his eyes. A lump formed in my throat seeing how worried he is for me, when really all I've been doing to him is lying. I smiled, masking all my lies and hidden 'talents'. Matt leaned in trying to kiss me, but I placed my hand on his chest, stopping him centimetres away from my lips. "Oh" he said sadly, looking down as he backed away. "No it's not like that Matt, it's just, well, I can't kiss you near a burning car. Bad luck" I tried to laugh it off. I stopped Matt because he is too close, to me, when I only lie. He nodded again, shaking off his attempt to kiss me.

°○°

"Lena! Where have you been?" My mother yelled as I entered my house. She came out from around the corner, tear stained cheeks. "Sorry I took a bit to get home, I was with some people" I lied even more. My mom went from a frown, to a bigger one, almost as if she just got a lip injection that didn't work, "Well now we have to give you a curfew, don't you think?" she said, placing her hands on her hips.

I shook my head, putting another smile on my face, "No I don't think so because I was just hanging out with a few people" I kept laughing. My mom kept shaking her head in disapproval, "No I think you do need a curfew because you are lying to me, you weren't with friends, it was on the news, the crash, and you, dragging bodies up a hill to the road. That is unacceptable behaveir, where were you going? Who where those men?". Anger rushed to my veins, making them pop up. "No one mom, just forget about it" I snapped, turning to go up the stairs. My mom grabbed my wrist, pulling me back down, "Listen her Lena, don't give me attitude". Hope you die, life will be so much easier. I thought in the back of my mind.

With the one simple thought, my mom began choking on nothing. She grabbed her throat, trying to breath. She turned purple before I could call 911. "MOM" I yelled, catching her before she fell to the ground.

Silence, all that there was as my mom took her last breath. "I'm sorry mom, I love you" I cried into her shoulder. I felt her chest move up, one last time. I held her in my arms as her body became still. I rested her down and got up. I found my phone and called 911.

I explained that my mom chocked and she has died, just like my died did, leaving me alone with no one.

°○°

My phone buzzed on the kitchen table beside me. I turned around to see the caller ID, Matt. I picked up my phone and held it to my ear. "Hello?" I whispered. "Lena, are you okay? Let me come over so we can talk" Matt chattered into the phone. Tears stung in my eyes, I couldn't let Matt get close to me, not when I can kill at the slightest thought.

I pulled my phone away from my ear and hung up as Matt ranted on about how sorry he is. I set my phone back down, walked out of the kitchen and to the couch. I sat down and buried my face in my hands, regretting my whole existence on this stupid little planet, and regretting my deadly 'gift'.

A/N: Hey guys, so Lena's mom died, Fox and Derek might be dead too, you never know. But anyway I hope you liked this chapter, also don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me for updates on this book.

*Thanks for the 100 followers!*

~ ItsTheDarkestAtDawn