Prologue

A/N: Hey guys this is my new story Erityinen! The picture above is the main character Lena Curtianas ! Hope you enjoy.

"Come on Lena, it's fine, just go in, Matt won't care if your hair is frizzy, or if your dress is a little too big, that stuff doesn't matter. This is the last dance type thing this year, let's have fun" Amanda smiled, holding onto my wrists and looking into my eyes. I shook my head away from her gaze, "What if Julia sees me". Amanda shook her head, "Don't worry about that bitch, this is going to be the time of our lives" she squealed. I laughed at my friends childish behavior and strolled behind her into the gym.

"Lena?" I heard Matt call out from behind me. I turned around to see Matt, the cutist guy in school. I let go of Amanda and walked over to him. He folded his hands around mine and rested his head against mine. About a few seconds of just gazing into each other's eyes he lead me onto the dance floor. "Your dress looks beautiful" he whispered. A small smile spreed across my face, "Thanks" I whispered back, almost chocking on my words.

After a few songs we walked off the dance floor, heading towards the snack table. "You are pretty good at dancing" he smiled, grabbing a mini bag of M&Ms. "You are too" I laughed. "Oh Matt" someone purred. I turned around to see my worst nightmare. Julia Andrews, the 'popular' bitch who used to date Matt. "Hey Julia" Matt studered, probably scared shit less. Julia swayed over to Matt and I, she then grabbed his arm and pulled his neck down so she could whisper in his ear. She then let go and turned to me, "I'm going to hang out with Matt for a little if you don't mind". Before I could answer she pulled Matt off into the crowd of people.

I ventured off to go find Amanda. "Hey Ross, where is Amanda" I asked. He turned around, white like he just saw a ghost. "She she she.....went to the hospital" he choked up. Tears started to well up in his big Green eyes. "Why?" I narrowed my brow as I began to shout a little. Ross wiped the tears from his eyes and stepped closer to me, "Someone put a peanut in her drink, and she drank it". I stepped back from Ross in horror. Who would try and kill Amanda like that? "Who?" I shouted at him. More tears fell from his eyes, "I saw Julia go up to her drink while we were dancing, maybe it was her". I blinked a few times, prosesing the information given. "WHAT" I screamed before turning around and tuning out the gym doors.

°○°

I rushed out of the doors and into the parking lot to see the ambulance starting to drive off. I reached down, grabbing the hem of my dress and beging to run after the ambulance. "Stop" I cried. I couldn't let Julia ruin my night, I couldn't let her kill my friend, and I definitely couldn't let her take Matt.

I stopped in frustration. I could never catch up to it, why even bother. I let my dress go and began to walk back home.

I looked down to my watch to see it was 9:21 pm. The dance would be over, Matt would is left with Julia, and Ross is left heart broken. I looked back up to see Julia, waiting to walk across 4th Ave. I narrowed my eyes at her, even though she couldn't see me. I hope a car or bus hits her, I thought as she began to cross the road. Put of nowhere a bus comes out of the dark at full speed, not slowing down for Julia. I gulped down the lump in my throat as the bus hit Julia and kept going down the road. I strolled over to her limp body in the middle of the road. I began to bend down to get close to her ear so she could hear my voice in the last few seconds of her dull life, "That's what you get" I whispered. Her eyes looked toward me, almost calling out for help, but I stood up and walked over to the side walk. I pulled out my phone and dialled 911. "I would like to report a hit and run" I said, fake crying into the phone. "Calm down Ms, tell me what happened" the dispatcher said on the other line. "Well.........."

°○°

After explaining a made up story to the police I made my way home. I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk to and looked behind me to see a black SUV. I rubbed off the feeling of being watched and kept in walking.

I turned the corner to my street when it hit me, how did the bus just hit her a few seconds after I thought it? It bothered me to know that it could have been me and I would have to lie about Julia's death, a death that might have been my fault.

°○°

That was 2 months ago, the tragic death of Julia Andrews. I've learned nothing more about the night or what happened, I just now my life will be so much better without Julia, but a forever cloud of darkness hanging over my head. Amanda died later that night too, because of Julia, Matt began to come out of his she'll and became less shy and started to speak for himself. Then there is me, just a normal girl, with a normal life, or that's what I thought.

A/N: Hey guys, so that was the Prologue. If you don't understand the ending of this, it's just Lena 2 months later thinking about what happened the months before. It's not necessary to the story, comment if you want me to take it out if it's too confusing. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me for updates on my books, and I would suggest reading my book Into The Forbidden Lands which has just been finished!!!!! Anyway I would like to thank SweetnessInTheSalt & athena1171 for being there throughout my books. Also I'm sorry this chapter thing is short but it's only just the Prologue, and more chapters will be out soon.

~ItsTheDarkestAtDawn