Chapter Eleven: I'm Sorry...

Chapter 11

I wake up on my couch, hearing Reegan singing from her room. I bite my lip as I get up. I was so stupid last night. I walk to her room and open the door just a crack. Reegan sat on her floor, singing a song she makes up along the way, playing with a small rag doll. I smile slightly. I knock quietly.

"Hello?" she asks. She turns around and smiles.

"Hi Mitchy," she said. I smile back at her and walk in her room.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask. She looks at me with a confused look.

"Never mind. We'll go get food," I say. She nods and takes her doll with her to the door. I hear my computer ring from my computer room.

"Hold on Reegs, I'm going to check on my Skype quickly," I say. She nods and grabs her shoes. I run to my computer and sat in the chair. I look at the screen. Mat wants to Skype. I press accept and wait for his face to come up on the screen.

"Hello?" he asks.

"Hey Mat," I say as his face comes up on screen. He smiles at me.

"Where's Reegan?" he asks. Reegan runs in and looks at the screen. Her face lights up immediately.

"Daddy!" she yells as she runs up to me and jumps on my lap. She pokes the screen.

"Hi baby," he said, putting his finger on the screen as well. She sits back and starts clapping. Mat and I laugh.

"We were literally going to get food as you called," I tell him. He laughs again.

"Well I was eating food when I decided to call you guys," he said. I laugh as well. Reegan looks up at me and pokes my face repeatedly.

"Um, Reegan, what are you doing?" I ask her.

"Poking you," she said. "I'm enjoying it too." Mat laughs.

"See! She loves poking people!" he said, smiling. Reegan looks at the screen.

"I miss you Daddy," she says, putting her hand on the screen. Mat puts his hand on hers.

"I miss you too, Reegs. I'll be over to pick you up in a few days okay?" he said. Reegan nods. Mat smiles.

"Good. Now go put your shoes on. You need food," Mat says. Reegan nods and gets off my lap.

"Bye Daddy!" she yells behind her. Mat smiles.

"So, you and Rebecca," he says. I look at my keyboard.

"I'm praying she's not," I say, looking back up at him. He nods.

"I understand that, Mitch. I didn't even know that Sadie got pregnant. That's what hurt me the most when she died is that. So I suggest you get something for her. You know, like a test or something," he says. I nod in agreement.

"Alright, I'm going to take Reegan to McDonalds. Talk to you later dood," I say. He waves and shuts off Skype. I walk out of the computer room to hear an ungodly noise from the bathroom. I walk to it in curiosity. I peer through the door to see Rebecca throwing up. I walk in.

"Hey, are you alright?" I ask her. She shook her head no before throwing up again. I rub my hand in circles on her back, easing her stomach. She stops throwing up and looks at me.

"Mitch... We forgot protection," she said, tears falling down her cheeks. I nod.

"I know, babe. I know," I say, hugging her.

"Oh my God," she whispered into my shoulder.

"I'll run to the store and get you a test alright?" I say. She nods and stands. I stand with her.

"I'm sorry," I say to her. She kisses my cheek.

"I'm sorry too. I should've reminded you," she says. I nod and walk out to where Reegan was.

"Ready to go, peanut?" I ask. She nods and holds out her arms. I pick her up and bring her to the car.

"Be home in an hour you two!" Rebecca yells.

"We will! Love you!" I yell back.

"Love you too! Be safe!" she yells. I put Reegan in her car seat in the back and strap her in. She hugs her rag doll tightly as I close the door and run to my side. I get in and start the car.

I start driving out of the driveway slowly. But as soon as I get onto the road, a car slams into the back of my car. Reegan screams and holds onto her doll tighter, jolting foreword from the impact. Another car comes by ours, stopping by my car. The driver gets out. Mat.

"Mat!" I yell, trying to roll down my window. Reegan was crying and holding her wrist. I held my waist in utter pain. Mat looks in the back and saw his little girl crying. His face twisted from anger, to sadness, and back to anger as he ran up to the driver behind us and tackled him to the ground.

I break my window with my fist, the glass cutting it and the skin tearing. I jump out of the window and try to open Reegan's door as fast as I could while holding my waist.

"Reegan! Try and unbuckle!" I yell to her. She nods and set her doll down on the seat beside her. She unbuckles her seat and crawls to the door. I open it quickly and take her out, grabbing her doll and giving it to her. We run to Mat's car quickly. Mat was still beating up the man who crashed into us. I sit Reegan in the back of his car and run behind him, tackling him away from the man.

"HE COULD'VE KILL MY DAUGHTER!" he yelled. I get off him and walk over to the man, helping him up. I suddenly realized who it was.

Rob...