Chapter Three: Discovering Feelings

Chapter 3

I lay back in my chair, putting my feet up on my coffee table. Rob looks at me.

"I'm bored," he says. I roll my head to the side, laughing inwardly.

"I am too, believe me," I say. Rob chuckles slightly. He slouches forward and grabs a potato chip.

"So about Rebecca," Rob says.

"What about her?" I ask.

"You dating her or what?" he asks, cocking his head to the side.

"No. I wish," I say. "Matt's taking me to hers later today. We can record something later okay?"

"Yeah sure. I got to get going anyways," Rob says, standing.

"I'll make sure to call you if I need help okay?" I say. Rob nods and leaves. As he closes the door, I sit up and grab the TV remote.

"ROBERT!" I hear someone yell from outside the door.

"MATHEW!" Rob yells back. A few mumbles from outside the door before Matt walks in.

"Hey Mitch," Matt says.

"Hey Matt," I say. Matt grabs the chip dip and potato chips, dipping it in and bringing out a huge dollop of dip.

"So you ready to go?" he asks, stuffing the chip into his mouth.

"Yeah I'm ready to go," I say, getting up and grabbing my crutches. I start crutching to the door.

"Put the dip back please?" I ask Matt. He nods and runs to the kitchen, throwing the dip into the fridge, where you can get your food and drank on. Channel description. You'd only get it if you'd watch me.

"Okay, let's move!" Matt says, ushering me out the door. He runs to his car and opens the car door for me. I got it, placing my crutches into the back. Matt gets into the driver's seat and starts the car. He backs out of my driveway and starts going to Rebecca's house.

"So you really like Rebecca, eh?" Matt says. I nod.

"She's really, really awesome," Matt says.

"I know," I say, smiling and looking at my lap. Matt glances at me.

"Oh, Bajan Canadian has a little crush on Rebecca!" he says, laughing at the end.

"Maybe," I say, looking at Matt. He smiles and shakes his head as we pull into a driveway. Matt shuts off the car and gets out, running to my side and opening the door. I grab my crutches and slowly get out of the car.

"Nice house," I comment, standing up from my spot.

"I know. You should see the inside," Matt says as we walk to the front door. He takes a key out of his pocket and unlocks the door. Sadie turns her head my way.

"Hi Mitch," she says smiling. I wave slightly and crutch in a little bit more, taking off my shoe. Rebecca walks into the kitchen wearing a towel under her armpits, tightening it.

"Becks, look," Sadie says, laughing. Rebecca looks at Matt and I, screaming and running back to her room. I laugh as Matt goes and hugs Sadie from behind.

"Did you forget about me?" Matt asks, putting his chin on the top of her head.

"I can't forget about you," Sadie says, kissing his cheek. Matt smiles as Rebecca returns in sweats and a t-shirt.

"I hate you guys so much," she says. We laugh at her remark and she sits on a bar stool.

"What smells good?" Matt asks, sitting next to Sadie.

"I'm cooking some alfredo with some noodles and chicken," Sadie said. I look down at my feet, zoning out into my own world. Another pair of feet are by mine. I look up, meeting Rebecca's brown eyes.

"You okay?" she whispers. I nod. I start crutching to a stool and sitting down. The timer dinged and Sadie got up from her seat, walked over to the food she was making and took it off the stove.

"Matt help me please," she said. Matt gets up and gets the plates from the shelf.  Rebecca sits next to me as Sadie dishes up plates, Matt stealing noodles off a plate, making Sadie slap his arm. Rebecca takes out her phone and starts typing something with her good hand, and handing it to me.

I'm sorry...

I typed something and handed it to her.

For what?

We go back and forth for some time.

Rejecting you

No it's okay, I'll wait.

Really?

Yes really.

Okay:)

We stop typing as Matt and Sadie bring us food.

"Matt ate off yours, Mitch. Sorry," she says. I shake my head, laughing.

"It's okay, I don't care. He steals my food all the time," I say, taking a bite of alfredo and noodles.

"Whoa, this is really good," I say, mouth full as a crumb flew onto Matt's face. He squealed and started swatting at his face. Rebecca, Sadie, and I laughed as Sadie tried to help him get it off.

"SADIE! HELP ME!" he yells.

"I'm trying, Matt hold still!" she says. He stops wriggling and pouts as she gets the chewed piece of noodle off his face.

"Mitch I hate you," he says.

"I love you too Matty-poo," I say, poking his face. He swats my hand away and picks up his fork.

"Touch me or spit at me, you will not have a nose," he says. I laugh. So do the girls. Matt angrily takes a bite of food, grumbling to himself. Sadie rubs his back, still laughing. Matt looks at her with an evil eye, taking another bite of food.

"Here," he says, picking up a noodle and placing it on her head. I laugh as does Rebecca as Sadie's mouth forms an O.

"Mathew Nooch, you did not just put a noodle on my head," she says, picking up a piece of chicken covered in alfredo sauce and stuck it up his nose. Matt makes a disgusted face as he closes a nostril and shoots it out of his nose. He puts more noodles on her head as she draws a smiley face with alfredo on his cheek. Pretty soon they were both covered in alfredo, noodles, and chicken.

"You guys are weird," Rebecca says, putting her clean plate in the dish washer. I notice a cut on her wrist. Wha-

"Mitch want to help clean these children up?" Rebecca asks.

"Sure," I say laughing. I help clean up Matt as Rebecca cleans up Sadie.

"We can clean up ourselves, guys," Matt says. I roll my eyes.

"Knowing you two you guys are going to get in the shower together and have shower sex so no," I say. Rebecca bursts out laughing as Matt pouts.

"No fair," he says.

Yeah, weirdest day ever.