2:43am Thursday

"Hel-"

"Western Star Storage, how may I help you?"

"Hey that's my line!"

"Okay lets not do that creepy evil laugh; I don't want to ever hear that sound ever again."

"Hey it wasn't that bad."

"Sweetie even Caelin cringed,"

"Can dogs even cringe?"

"Are we talking about my dogs' facial expressions again?"

"Right, okay so how's things?"

"Uh interesting, Laura showed up at my parent's house looking for me. Can you believe it? I blocked her number on my phone because she kept trying to call me. Turns out Mikey wasn't the only guy she was super friendly with when we were dating. She keeps trying to get us back together."

"Wow, I think I'm going to punch her if I ever see her. And I'm not even normally a violent person!"

"Yeah, you know how when people break up with someone and then they kind of get this moment of realisation and are like: why did I even date this person? I'm having one of those."

"I mean sure we weren't dating that long but still, cheating is a big no in anyone's book."

"Yeah, I'm still going to punch her."

"Thanks Sel, you're the best-"

"Hang on a sec the work phone is ringing, you're on speaker by the way."

"Western Star Storage, how may I-. Laura? Why are you calling me at work? Can you please stop calling; I don't want to work it out."

"Hey can I try something? Put your phone near the speaker"

"Yeah sure, no not you Laura I was talking to Sel,"

"Who's Sel, she my-"

"I'm Sel and you're calling my boyfriend because?"

"Excuse me?! Your boyfriend? I'm pretty sure that Brenner is mine."

"Listen Lissa-"

"It's Laura."

"Gesundheit, anyway Brenner isn't interested anymore. You cheated, so you lost okay? He's moved on so you should too. Capiche?"

"Who do you think you are? You can't talk to me like that!"

"I can and I will, after how you treated Brenner, you deserve a lot less. You have the audacity to say things like he never made time for you or that his dog, whom is incredibly important to him, was out to get you or some shit. No you don't get to say those things. Brenner is kind, sweet and funny. He deserves a hell of a lot more than you and maybe even me, but I'm going to try and be the best I can for him, because he deserves it. So you're not in the picture anymore, okay? Please stop calling and just move on."

"Brenner! Are you going to let her talk to me like that?!"

"Yep pretty much, night Lissa"

"Ohh, burn!"

"Ha she hung up!"

"Nice, ah it feels good to be bitchy every now and then. I feel so powerful right now!"

"Thanks for doing that Sel, really."

"Don't mention it, I've been wanting to go off at her since you told me what she did."

"So, you really think I'm kind, sweet and funny?"

"Ugh was that all you got from that?"

"Well that and apparently I'm your boyfriend now."

"Please that was just to piss her off. Goodness, I'm cursing so much tonight, sorry."

"It's fine, it's kind of cute. I kind of imagine you looking like a kitten trying to take on a lion. 'Cause your voice sounds so innocent."

"Thanks, I think?"

"It was a compliment, don't worry,"

"I don't look like a kitten, I'm a lioness. I run the jungle!"

"Sure you do. But uh, what, what do you look like? I mean we've been talking for a while now and I don't know what you look like or anything. So I'm curious, but you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable with that-"

"Brenner, chill. It's fine I trust you."

"You do?"

"Yeah of course, I like to think that we're at least close friends now."

"Well you're probably my best friend, considering I'm a little short on friends at the moment."

"Thanks, so uh I have black hair. It's a little curly sometimes. I have light hazel eyes; mum says sometimes they look green. I'm about five-foot-seven, and uh what else do you want to know?"

"Is your hair long?"

"Yeah, it goes to about mid-back. What about you, what do you look like?"

"Well, I'm pretty tall. About six-two maybe? Blue eyes and lightish' brown hair."

"What about Caelin? What does he look like?"

"He's adorable, really. When he was a puppy, the cutest thing I've ever seen. His got a black nose and the rest of his fur kind of blends between browns and blacks. I have the cutest picture of him when he was a pup, I'll text it to you later."

"I heard a yawn, you tired?"

"A little, turns out having a bitch at someone can take a lot out of you."

"Thank you for that Sel, really. It means a lot to me,"

"You're most welcome."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

(...)