Am I Single?

School had come too soon, and I wasn't feeling the best about possibly having a class with Avalon. I was in the middle of seriously debating whether to stay home or not, when I heard the doorbell. I was still in the middle of getting ready so I let my mom answer the door.
       I was half clothed in boy shorts and a black hoodie that had floral sleeves, so when the door to my room suddenly opened, I couldn't stop the screech that left my lips. Justin was equally horrified because no sooner, he backed out of the room and slammed the door shut.
       "Why the hell aren't you wearing clothes!?" he yelled through the door, and I could hear him lean against the door and slide down until he was sitting.
       "Why don't you knock before you enter someone's room!?" I yelled back as I shoved my way into some grey joggers that had the word 'Boss"written down the left leg in white letters.
       "I forgot you were a girl!" I looked at the door in shock.
       "I know I don't show off my feminine side that often, but the least you can do is remember that I am a GIRL." I rolled my eyes as I found a pair of white converse and stuffed my feet into them, then grabbed my backpack and made my way to the door.
        I opened the door quickly, causing Justin to fall back and hit his head on my knees. I smirked and leaned against my door frame as I stared down at him, while he gave me a playful glare.
       "What are you doing here?" I asked as he stood up and dusted himself off.
       "I'm here to pick you up you dunce." Justin grabs my arm and literally drags me down the stairs, causing me to nearly fall since he was going so fast. I yelled my goodbye to my mom as Justin didn't even bother stopping until we were out the front door. Justin finally let my arm go once we were outside and I gave him a confused look.
       "Why did you have to drag me?"
       "I felt like you were thinking about ditching school today, so I made your choice for you."
       "I know how to walk on my own, you could have told me to follow you."
       "Do you now? I'd have never guessed you knew how to do something so complex." I roll my eyes and make my way to the passenger door of his car, only to find Savannah Styles in the front seat.
       "You're sitting in the back.. Next to Danny", Justin smiles evilly and I place a pout on my face.
       "I don't wanna", I groan like a four year old throwing a tantrum and cross my arms as I stomp my feet.
       "Too bad." Justin smiles innocently and I stick my tongue out at him.
       "Fine. Go ahead and sit next to your pretty little girlfriend. I get it, little Justin finally grew a pair and got his first girlfriend, proving his manhood! Although, I don't remember you thanking me for helping you two talk since you were too awkward to do it yourself." I laughed as Justin turned red as a tomato and broke eye-contact with me to look at something on the ground.
       "We're not dating, she just needed a ride." Justin muttered and I laughed as I moved and opened the door to sit in the back next to Danny who was playing Angry Birds. I laughed even harder when Danny made oinking noises, probably hoping it'll persuade the pigs to fall.
       "Dammit! Piggy you were supposed to fall!" Danny was hopping up and down in his seat as he yelled at his phone.
       "Isn't that game outdated?" I asked as I leaned over to look at his phone to watch him play, but he quickly yanked his phone away and looked at me as if I were the most disgusting thing on Earth.
       "You mean classic?" Danny tutted at me and tried to scoot away, but failed, so he then opted to simply turn away from me.
       "So you're Alexis," Savannah said more as a statement than a question, but I nodded none the less.
       "Yes ma'am that'd be me," I pretended to tip a hat at her and she laughed. I snuck a peek at Justin to find that he was ogling over her rather than the road. I leaned forward and hit the back of his seat, causing him to snap out of his trance and return his eyes back to the road.
       "I know she's gorgeous and all, but she's probably way prettier ALIVE." I laughed as both of them turned bright red and Justin sent me a deadly glare through his rear view mirror.
       "Next time you're gonna ride in the trunk with a skunk." Justin mumbled and I challenged him with a glare.
       "Where are you gonna get a skunk?" I asked as I leaned back in my seat and crossed my arms.
       "Danny has some weird talents, one of them being the ability to attract skunks and not get sprayed." At first I thought Justin was bluffing until I looked at Danny who simply shrugged and went back to playing his game.
       "What can I say, I just understand animals." The rest of the car ride to school was made in a comfortable silence, except for Danny's occasional oink and squeal. Once we parked at school I was about to open my door, but a car zoomed into the parking next to us. I stared in awe as Avalon stepped out of the car dressed in an over sized knitted grey sweater with a gold chain around her neck, a red flannel tied at her hips, and light grey socks that peeked out over a pair of black combat boots.
       She shut her door and locked her car before she turned around and locked eyes with me. I expected her to give me one her thousand dollar fake smiles, but I wasn't prepared when she shot me a sneer and walked off.
       "Wasn't that Avalon? I didn't know she came back." Savannah stepped out of the car and I followed suit, shrugging casually.
       "Who knows? Maybe she's just visiting." Probably not.
       "I hope this won't mess things up between you and Aaron." Savannah tried to give me a reassuring smile but I knew that even she doubted Aaron would be able to focus on me now that his true love was back. It wasn't like he liked me back anyways, so its my own fault for getting a broken heart.
       "It's okay, I trust Aaron." I smiled to assure her, even though I was lying. To be honest, I didn't even know what Aaron and I were at the moment. Was I single? Are we still together? Do I talk to him? A heavy weight fell across my shoulders and I looked up to find Danny smiling down at me.
       "I'll walk you to your class new girl," he winked at me then laughed as I scrunched my nose when he called me new girl. At least I could rely on him to distract me when I was too lost to know what to do, the only problem was that he wasn't in my first period to save me.
########Author's Note#######
I apologize profusely!!! I was busy all week with homework and I was buried alive by class presentations. But as of this moment I can solemnly swear that I will be putting out stories way more often now that I'm on my spring break. Again, I apologize soooo much for not updating but please enjoy this chapter. And feel free to comment and tell me your thoughts, and if you feel like scolding me, I shall accept everything you have to say. I hope you have a lovely day and I will see you guys possibly tomorrow with another chapter hopefully. Love,
Lynn