"I usually am, with a few exceptions of where you told me different. Between the two of us, we get most things right." He said, his eyes sparkling.

Almiel laughed. "Well, I suppose when you put it that way it is quite true. I still found out I had a lot of things wrong though..." She said trailing off. His eyes now looked at her, curious. "I guess that is one of the first things you notice about yourself when you truly see Eru." She said. "How much of the world you got wrong, how much you thought you were right, but were never. In that moment, though, it did not matter. Eru was too..."

"Indescribable?" Thranduil offered. Almiel nodded.

"Yes... He had reasons for everything, things I never saw."

"Like?" Thranduil asked.

"Like why I was given to you and not any other." Almiel said. Thranduil looked stunned for a second.

"Me?" He asked. He thought about it for a minute. "I guess I asked the messenger the same question, but he only told me you were for everyone, not just for me."

Almiel laughed. "Well, I was told the messenger was confused himself." Thranduil laughed.

"I am glad I was not the only one."

"Oh no," Almiel said, "I was given a list of everyone that knew something was different about me, and wondered why in the world someone would give me to you to raise."

"Hmmm, I might have to talk to a few people..." Thranduil teased.

"No I don't think you do." Almiel said. "I would rather not have anyone mortally wounded."

"I do suppose you missed that one." Thranduil said. "It seems your brother and I are more in common than we thought. Except... he was not mortally wounded."

Almiel rolled her eyes. "I see what I miss." She said. Thranduil smiled before he looked at her more seriously.

"I am leaving soon." He said.

"Why?" Almiel asked.

He sighed. "We won the War, and we won the battles, but a lot of the forest was burned. By tradition, our people our still in mourning, and they will be. I came here for you, but I cannot continue to stay when everyone at home has no idea why I left when you are perfectly fine once more."

"Will you tell them?" Almiel asked.

"I don't know." Thranduil admitted. "But I have spoken with both Gandalf and Estel since I have been here, and if I am correct you will not get back to Eryn Lasgalen before Midyear. Estel told me Elrond and Galadriel will come and I think the twins are returning to get them at the end of this month. If that is true, then the official mourning period will be over when you return, and a combined marriage celebration and celebration of the end of the war will be good for everyone."

Almiel sighed. "I guess this time you are right." Thranduil smiled softly. "But," she said, "Legolas plans to travel through Fanghorn on the way back with Gimli. Should we wait for them?"

"No," Thranduil said, "Legolas tells me that he will not torture Gimli for too long. Or that he might, I'm not really sure, but regardless you will probably travel to us through Lothlórien which might end up meaning you and Legolas arrive close to the same time."

Almiel nodded and then they continued walking. "What happens after that?" She asked.

"So you're asking me this time?" Thranduil asked.

Almiel shoved him playfully. "That was one time!" She said.

"Yes, and it turned into the last battle of a long war." Thranduil said.