"What?" He asked her.

"You know, I seem to remember you giving advice to someone before. It was something like: 'You need to learn to let go' but I feel the advice was only for that person, not for you." She said, raising one eyebrow.

Haldir laughed slightly. "Those words were for a different situation." He said. "I have no intention of letting you go anytime soon- or ever." He added. Almiel grunted.

"I noticed." She said.

"You are missing the point once more I do believe." Haldir said, smiling at her. Almiel laughed.

"No, I don't think so. I got the point, and I did notice- I never really said I minded all that much." She added. Haldir brought her hand to his lips.

"I know." He said. She only narrowed her eyes while he laughed again.

Finally, that evening, the family was alone once more. They sat under the stars in an empty part of the field. They talked rather nonchalantly, nothing much mattered anymore except for the fact that the four of them were alive. Soon, it began to grow darker, and after exchanging a long glance, Almiel and Thranduil went off alone.

"So how did you do it?" Legolas asked Haldir.

"Me? Who says I did anything?" Haldir asked.

"Because one minute you're sulking and being an idiot and the next my sister is alive again- when you happened to be alone with her." Legolas said.

Haldir smiled. "Well when you put it that way." He said. Legolas raised an eyebrow, clearly expecting an answer. Haldir finally shrugged. "I am still not all that sure to be honest. When I walked back in, your father left and I stood there for a minute unsure of what to do with myself. I touched her cheek, and it was cooling for the first time. After I realized that, it struck something deep inside of me and after an odd range of emotions I felt this wave of something come over me. The next thing I know I heard Almiel beside me, I then heard someone else speak- I think it was Eru, she laughed at me, and then we both passed out- maybe- and then we showed up back here."

Legolas frowned. "So the light- was it really coming from her, or you?"

"I don't know, probably both. It was me at first- that's probably what someone first saw. Later it was Almiel though." Legolas nodded, leaning back so that he could see the stars.

"Ada will be on my case after this." Legolas said. Haldir looked at him curiously.

"Why?"

"He will probably wish to remind me that I am still quite alone, and my sister who is almost two millennia younger is married." Haldir laughed.

"Was it not you who told me that you would get to marry first? That I would always be behind you?"

Legolas blushed. "That was a long time ago."

"Indeed," Haldir agreed, "But you were the one who said it, trying to make me feel like a child. Now look who's the child."

"I don't need reminding. My father does that enough."

Haldir grinned. "Well, when he comes perhaps I should remind him."

"No thank you, not today." Legolas said.

"You're right, I'll wait until tomorrow."

Legolas glared at him, which only made Haldir laugh. "Well, perhaps I would already be married as well if Eru were to make my own bond mate appear beside me." Legolas muttered.

"It does help." Haldir said, eyes sparkling while Legolas only sighed and pushed him away.

*

Father and daughter walked in silence for a few minutes, glad to be in each other's company once more. They were two similar figures in the dark: both tall, both fair, both royal. It reminded Almiel of what Eru had said, that he had meant for her to be quite like her father. That she was supposed to have his strength. "You told me I would come home." She said softly. "I guess you were right." He looked at her and smiled.