Chapter Ten; Dancing at the Lunch Hour

Start from the beginning

"Alrighty. I'll, uh, see you later." I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek before turning and walking out the door. I took a glance in his window, but he had turned to his computer screen to start up a recording. I smiled and walked down the hall towards my own desk.

Sitting down in the leather chair, I took ahold of my mouse, ready to edit one of Ross' videos.

Time Skipper

(Ross POV)

It felt like only a few moments, but when I looked over at the time on my computer screen, it had been almost thirty minutes. I knew a lot of the video would be cut out, so I did my outro and turned off the camera.

Immediately, I heard music drift down the hall. Quietly, I stood up from my chair and opened my door. The music was louder but not by much. I could barely hear the lyrics.

~You bought a star, in the sky tonight.~

Marina and The Diamonds. A great artist, but I didn't really listen to her. I knew Max did though.

(A/N: I've made up so much in this story just to fit the plot it isn't even funny anymore.)

~Because, your life is dark, and it needs some light.~

I crept down the hall silently, the music getting a little louder.

~You named it after me, but I'm not yours to keep.~

I turned the corner. Max was sitting in his chair, editing what looked to be one of my videos.
His head was laying upon the bare desk, but he was staring at the screen.

~Because, you'll never see, that the stars are free.~

I knocked on the pillar from behind him to let him know I was there, but he didn't seem to notice, or bother to look up if he did.

~Oh, we don't own our heavens now, we only our hell.~

I walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He glanced up at me for a moment, but looked back at his screen quickly.

~And if you don't know that by now then you don't know me that well.~

"Max? I-is something wrong?"

"Nothings wrong."

~All my life I've been so lonely. All in the name of being holy.~

"I was, uh wondering... Would you like to go out on a date sometime?"

Surprised, I took a step back. Of course I would!

~And still, you'd like to think you know me. You keep buyin' stars.~

"O-of course I would!"

He still hadn't looked at me, but I knew a smile had formed on his face.

~And you could buy up all the stars, but it wouldn't change who you are.~