Chapter Ten; Dancing at the Lunch Hour

Hey guys, sorry for the wait again. Stuffs been happening. :/
I wanna give a big thank you to Broken_Flame for suggesting an idea for this chapter. Thanks dude! Also, listen to the song up there ^^^ because this chapter is kinda like a songfic/songchapter?? So, uh, yeah! Sit back and enjoy and make sure to listen to the song before you start reading it!

----------------------------

Chapter Ten

(Max's POV)

We sat there for a few more minutes until Adam finally walked in. I didn't both to pay attention to him, but Ross looked up from my chest at Adam. He had calmed down now. Tears stained his red cheeks. He took off his glasses and wiped them with the hem of his shirt.

"H-hi Adam." He said. He sat up and looked at the towering figure. I didn't want to look at him, so I looked at Ross instead. He was so cute and innocent. Adam had better not yell at him.

"H-hello Ross." Adam twiddled his fingers and looked at his watch.

"It's currently 11:39 and we were gonna head out for lunch. I was wondering if you guys wanted to come?" I had forgotten. We had came into work late today.
Adam knew it was really awkward for us to be seen like this. He probably assumed we were dating, which we were, but I didn't want Ross to be upset that someone other than Tim had found out. I knew he didn't want anyone else to know just yet.

"N-no. I'm good." Ross wiped his eyes with his hands and looked back up at Adam. He turned to me, and I shook my head to signify that I didn't want to go.

He sighed before turning to exit the room. Something stopped him. He turned back around and stared at both of us.

"What was going on in here, anyways?"

"Nothing to your concern. Now get outta here." I growled through clenched teeth. Adam left the room, closing the door behind him. I uncrossed my legs, which had been in indian style, and got up from off the ground. I held out my hand and Ross took it. I helped him to his feet.

Ross rubbed his eyes and sat down in his chair.

"I'm gonna clean myself up and start recording a video." He said. I gave him a look of concern.

"Okay. Are you gonna eat all? I'll go buy you a sandwich if ya' want." I said. I heard the front door slam. They had left.

"I'm-I'm not really hungry. Are you gonna eat? You didn't eat breakfast." He put his hand in mine.

"I was just gonna go get chips from your 'secret' chip draw." I started playing with the fleece of my shirt. It was really strange. Ross and I had only been together for less than a day and it felt like we had been together for years. I mean, we had been friends for a really long time, but we never actually established our feelings for each other.

"Oh. Well... Uhh... I'm gonna start now. You gonna join me?" He put his knees up to his chest and put his arm up onto his knees.

"Wish I could, but I gotta finish editing a video."

A sad look appeared on his face for a moment, but it returned to normal.