Chapter One; Where There's Thunder There's Lightning

Before I go on any further, I just gotta say, Thanks for opening this fic! I'm an aspiring writer and I hope that you enjoy! First off, this is just gonna be fluff story because I can't write anything... too bad. Violence is fine, of course, but not in this story. This, as the title says, Is a Mithross fic because they're my otp and need to get together already. Like, I'm begging you! Writing is tuff guys! Okay, I'm wasting your time! Thanks for choosing to open this, yadah yadah, yadah. Have a g'day and enjoy your story!  

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

(Ross's POV)

"Come on Tim. We can't stand out here all day the rain's gonna start falling and-"

As soon as the words flew out of my mouth, the rain came pouring onto my shoulders. I sighed, grabbing TimTim by the shoulder and dragging him into the offices. The wind whipped behind us, sending rain pellets everywhere.

"Well what a bust. I'm not driving home in that weather, Ross. Guess we're stuck here for the night, again." Tim shrugged off the storm like it was no big deal, but I was terrified of it. Not so much the rain, that was soothing, but the lightning. It could set a something on fire and even kill in the bat of an eye. I gulped as a bolt of electricity lit up the night sky.

Glancing at my watch, which read 6:56 p.m., I walked into my office to see Adam rummaging through one my drawers.

"Adam? What'ya doing?" I ask, clearly confused. I really only let Max go through my things, but that was because I took his stuff. Whoops.

"Hrmm...?" Adam looked up from one of the drawers.

"Oh Hey, Ross! Hehe..." Adam nervously chuckled. I walked over to him, placing the cup I had been holding onto the desk.

"Watcha looking for."

"A board game. Max, Barney, Red, a few others and I had planned to stay here overnight. We saw you and TimTim leaving, so we decided we would look for something to do." Adam gave a lame excuse. I knew he was lying, but I brushed it off. He probably wasn't looking for anything important anyways.

"Oh. Well, we decided we would stay. TimTim doesn't want to drive in that weather." I paused, listening to the raging storm outside.

"Ah. I see. Where do you keep your, uh, games anyways?" Adam sheepishly questioned.

"Over in the closet. I'll go pick one out if you clean up the mess you made." I mumbled, walking over the the large closet on the right side of the room. I open the door and stared at the wall of things stacked on the shelves. Standing on my toes, I grab a few games from the fifth shelf. I close the closet door and bring them to Adam, who is shoving papers into random draws.

"Here. I got a few." I handed him them, and he looked them over.

"I think we'll play Cards Against Humanity™. Then I'll figure out something else to do. Probably find some other games." Adam took Cards Against Humanity™ and walked out of the room. I set the other games on the desk. I head out of the room towards the game room. We'd probably meet in there. As I walked, I heard someone calling me. I turned around, and that someone happened to be Max. He had a coke in hand and was walking towards me.

"Hey Ross. I thought you'd left."

"No... TimTim doesn't want to drive in that weather." I pointed out the window at the storm outside.

"Well, Adam and the rest of us still here are gonna go play a game. You gonna join us?" Max asked. Someone laughed, and I saw Barney peeking out from behind the corner. Max stuck his middle finger up at him, the reason I did not know.

"Go away asshole." Max murmured, walking forward. I followed him to the game room, where I'd expected we'd all meet. I was right.

Max sat on the edge of the couch as usual. I planted myself down next to him, hoping he wouldn't mind. Ethan and Jake were on the other side, looking through Twitter. Adam walked in, a coke in one hand and the game box in another.

"Whats we playing, Adams?" Barney walked in. He flopped onto one of the three beanbag chairs.

"Cards Against Humanity™."

(A/N: Putting the ™ symbol after every copyrighted game I say is sure gonna be fun, am I right?)

Cory and Jake had put down their phones. Red had sat in the second beanbag, TimTim the third. Adam took the waffle chair. 

Adam dealt out the cards, and we started the game. By the twentieth round, we were all annoyed with it.

"Oh Comes On! Mine was the best card!" Barney shouted. I, who had been the judge that round, didn't really agree with him.

"Barney, you used the word dirt about seven times. I don't think you're very creative." Adam murmured, but Barney didn't even hear his musings.

"Besides, Ross is the judge. Not you." Max growled. He was defending me!

Wait, why was I happy about that? I should be defending myself.

"Guys Guys. It's clear we're pretty bored of this game. Let's do something else." I said, trying to change the subject. All of us, sans Ethan who had given up on the game and Cory, who had went to his office to get work done, exchanged looks. Red started to pack up the game.

"How about the Truths or Dare?" Barney asked.

I gulped. I do hate that game very much.

"Yeah! You guys wanna play?" Adam asked us. Everyone nodded, and I didn't want to feel left out, so I nodded too. 

I glanced at the clock. It was only 11:30. Boy this was going to be a long, stressful night.
Thanks Barney.

-------------------

Whoo Boy! That was Fun to write! I'm excited for this story! I promise I'll update as soon as I can, but I have a busy schedule and Soccer four nights a week, and im going on vacation soon, so yeah. Thanks for taking your time to read it! I'd really appreciate it if you maybe left me a little feedback in the form of a comment...? Was it good? Was it bad? Tbh, i'll probably get another chapter done tonight because it doesn't take me too long to write if I have a plan in mind... So yeah! Thanks!! Have a great day!)

(P.S. Sorry for no Mithross fluff in this chapter. It's just an intro, really.)

Time Taken: About an hour and a half .

Words: 1,176

Breaks: None