Chapter Four; On the Way

Heyo Guys! I know I said I wasn't gonna update tommorrow, so to make up for it, I'm gonna post this instead! Then again, I may write in the morning and on the plane... Hope you all have had a g'day and enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Four
(Ross' POV)
I heard someone snap a picture, but I didn't care. Opening my eyes slightly, I saw Max. He was looking over at someone who was on the other side of the couch.
I realized I was sleeping on top of him. My face reddened. I buried it into his chest in hopes of him not noticing I was awake or that I was aware I was laying on top of him.
(A/N: Stop thinking dirty you dirts. He's got a shirt on.)
"If you post that fucking picture to any social media sites your lives will be at stake." He told whoever was listening.
Suddenly, he struggled out from underneath me and leapt over the couch, presumably running after whoever was pissing him off.
I moaned, but he didn't seem to notice. Instead, it brought forth the attention of someone else. I could feel their stare on my back, hot and intruding.
"Hey Ross." Someone, who I was guessing was Adam, purred. I covered my ears with my hands.
Muffled words came through, but I still interpreted them.
"I know you're awake, dude. I can see your ears turning red." He was right. My ears were turning red and hot from blushing. I buried my face further into the couch. Adam could be such an ass.
"Fine. I'll leave you alone, little lovebird." Adam teased. I wouldn't let him get to me.
"As soon as Ethan gets the power running again, we're doing a video." I ignored him.
I heard Max walk back into the room just as Adam was walking away. I didn't know what Adam did, but Max was growling at him.
"Go away, bitch." I heard him say.
He flopped down onto the couch. After a few moments, I felt him scoot closer towards me. He rest his hand on my shoulder and I flinched.
I lifted my head from the couch and looked up at Max. His ginger was hair was a mess, spiked up in all directions. His eyes were focused on his phone, probably scrolling through Twitter looking for signs of a photo of us.
"Max?"
"Morning Ross." He still hadn't lifted his hand from my shoulder.
"What time is it?"
"Seven Thirty Eight."
Max, most likely subconsciously, scoot even closer. My nose touched his leg.
I sat myself up, yawning. He looked over at me, a small frown upon his face.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Barney and Adam are being butts." He said.
"Like usual." I got up and steadied myself.
"Do you want anything?" I was going toward the kitchen.
"I figured we go out to eat. I mean, the power's still out. I don't think Ethan's gonna fix it either."
Max got up too and walked over to me.
"S-sure I guess..." He smiled wholeheartedly at me. Surprised, I took a step back.
"After that, we can go home and see KP and stuff." He gave a good reason to go out. I nodded my head.
"Adam! Ross and I are going out to get breakfast! We'll be back later!" He called.
"Can you guys pick up something for a smoothie challenge video!" Adam yelled back. Max looked mad, but yelled back in acceptance. We walked outside.
"Wanna walk?" He asked.
I shrugged, which I guess he took as a yes.
We talked, but it was more of smalltalk. I really wanted to tell him my real feelings, but as the coward I was, I didn't say anything too much.
"So. Got any plans for later?" He questioned.
"No, not really." I replied. I looked at the sidewalk. Everything was wet. The sky was still dark. Every few minutes thunder would boom. I hated it.
"I was planning to go to the park or something and was wondering if you wanted to come?" He looked sincere. I nodded. Suddenly, my ears were filled with drumming as thunder crashes through the sky. I would've jumped into the road if Max hadn't grabbed my hand.
Still nervous, I turned away. There was no need to let him see the flush on my face. But I didn't let go of his hand. I held it firmly.
(Max's POV)
Yes! Yes yes yes yes YES! I yelled inside my head. I had been waiting for this. We sauntered into IHOP. Ross still hadn't let go of my hand, but I didn't really mind it.
We asked for a booth and were walked over to one. Ross sat on one side and I the other.
We chatted again. Nothing too big or small, but I gave little subtitles hints for my sudden declared love. I really wanted him to notice me. (A/N: ROSS. NOTICE MAX-CHAN. YOU'RE HIS SENPAI) But it wouldn't happen like that. This wasn't a fanfiction. We got our food, Ross pancakes and eggs while I got a crepe.
"I can't wait to see KP. I've missed her." He sighed, shoving a pancake covered fork in his mouth.
"We gotta go pick up stuff for Adam's video." I uttered, sipping my milk.
Ross started to laugh at me.
"What's so funny?" I demanded. He choked down his laughter, only for a second, and pointed to my lip. I licked it, realizing I probably had a milk mustache.
I smiled. Ross was so adorable.
TEM SKIP. HOI
(Ross' POV)
We left after eating, heading to the mall to go get things for the smoothie challenge. We had decided to vlog, so I pulled out a camera.
"Hey guys, I'm holding the camera again which I haven't done for very... weeks. Lots and Lots of weeks. Ummn..." I paused what I was saying, tripping slightly.
"Did you just trip?" Max asked.
"No no I didn't trip."
"Oh okay."
I'm with Max,"
"Hey."
"We're going to buy supplies-"
Max cut me off.
"Because Barney's fucking lazy."
"Barney is lazy. We're going to buy supplies for- are we allowed to say?"
"Uh.. Yeah. Uh.. We're going to buy supplies for the smoothie challenge that you guys are gonna upload." His voice was muffled by the wind.
"So we're getting the supplies for that for everyone. And today it's gonna be a grand old time."
"It's cold and wet and I don't wanna be out here." Max muttered loudly.
"It's not even cold."
"It's cold. I'm from Louisiana." Max shivered, coming up with an excuse.
"Do you want my jacket?" I offered him it, even though he already had his own.
"What? No." A hint of regret sparked in his voice, but I said nothing of it.
"Uhh... So we're gonna go get different stuff to ah.. ah drink and it's gonna be quite ah..."
"Something." Max chimed in, helping me with a word.
"Something. Something's going in. But ahh... yeah. Since we're just now walking into the store, I'll probably pick back up once we're at the store." I sounded awkward, like usual. I zoomed the camera in on my face and paused the recording, closing it.
"You're such a dork." Max muttered, smiling. I smiled back. Today was going to be nice.
---------------------------------------------------------------
You guys don't know how long it took me to copy down those few sets of dialog from the actual smoothie adventure vlog video. Ahhhhh But I'm happy!! WE'RE GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO ONE OF THEM REVEALING THEIR LOVE. DUN DUN DUNNNNN. This chapter was a blast!
I hope everyone's enjoying it! :D
(P.S. I ALSO WANNA ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALMOST 150 PEOPLE HAVE READ THIS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK PEOPLE I'M HORRIBLE AT WRITING)

Time Taken: Two Hours

Breaks: None

Words: 1,317

Songs Listened to: Pedestrian at best (Courtney Barnett), A lot of Twenty One Pilots, and Hamilton. :D