Chapter Nine; Morning Tea

Heyo Everyone. Thanks for your patience. I'm sorry this took a little more time than usual. Things came up and I couldn't think straight. Also, my depression has been getting in the way a lot lately.
I had trouble thinking of a plot for this chapter, but I got it figured out. Btw, the next chapter may be based off of someone's comment~
I hope you all enjoy this chapter and sorry again for it being late!
---------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Nine
(Ross' POV)
I sat at the kitchen table eating my cereal. Tim sat next to me, gnawing on a slice of toast. Rice Krispies swam in the milk in my bowl, diving out of the way of my silver spoon.
"Come on." I growled, still trying to scoop up the remaining flakes. I heard Tim snickering
I finally gave up, setting the spoon down and sitting back in my chair.
I looked over in Tim's direction. He was staring at me with a smirk on his face.
"You've got quite the exquisite taste, Ross." I felt a frown form on my face.
"What do you mea- Oh." Max walked into the kitchen. He looked freshly showered and awake, ready to start the day. He casually walked over to the Keurig and started it up and getting to ready to brew his coffee. I personally didn't like coffee. Tea was more my style.
I grabbed my bowl and put it in the sink. I walked over to Max and wrapped my arms around his waist, looking over at what he was doing.
"What'cha making?"
"Tea."
"Tea? I thought you didn't like tea."
He shrugged, putting a tea bag in the water.
"I was gonna try it again. Been years since I've had any." He put a cup under the tap and waited for it to start pouring out.
"Want some?"
"S-sure." I let go of his waist and went over to grab myself a cup. When I came back, the tea in his cup was filled to the brim.
He handed me the already filled cup. I took it gratefully.
"What kind?" I sniffed it.
Chamomile. My favorite.
(A/N: I Have no clue if this is actually his favorite but that'd be cool if it was. My favorite is Hibiscus.)
I could already tell what it was, but I wanted to know if he knew.
"Chamomile. I know you like that one." He turned back to the Keurig, getting ready to make himself some.
I put the cup up to my lips and took a sip. It was warm, yet extremely good. Better than normal? I'd take that as a good excuse in the future for Max to make me some when I didn't want to.
Over the rim of my mug, I saw TimTim wink at me. I stared slyly at him.
"We don't have all day, lovebirds. Finish getting ready." He got up from his chair and left the room. I saw Max flinch, obviously holding himself back from going after TimTim.
"Don't worry Max. If he calls us lovebirds at the office, I'll let you beat him up in front of everyone." I smiled to Max, who had turned around because his tea was done.
He smiled slightly in response and held out his cup.
"To us." He said. I softly touched my cup to his. It made a small 'clank' sound that filled the silence of the house.
"To us." I laughed in response. We both took a sip of the orange liquid in our cups. A surprised look appeared on his face.
"It's sweet. Almost...apple flavored?"
"That's because it's supposed to taste like a crisp apple."
"It's nice." He took another sip.
I take another sip of my tea too, then gently put my cup in the sink.
"I'm gonna put my shoes on. Then we can go." I said.
"Alright." He leaned over and kissed me lightly on the cheek, making me blush. Kissing someone was still a fairly new concept to me, especially kissing Max. I heard someone laughing, most likely Tim.
"Please let me beat him up." Max begged. I shook my head.
"Only if he gives us away. I don't want anyone to know yet." I turn and exit the room, but not before giving Tim a death stare. He chuckles, turns around and walks away.

(OKAY BUT ANOTHER TIME SKIP)
(Max's POV)
The offices. I always felt the building was too big, but it wasn't my choice to decide where everyone settled.

Our car ride here had been silent, other than Tim's random yet quite laughs. I, thankfully, had been driving, Ross in the passenger seat and Tim in the back. Ross held my hand the whole time, nervous for the day ahead.
I got out if the car. Tim got out after me, and Ross, after fiddling it his seatbelt, got out as well. We headed in together, Ross's hand still in mine.
I opened the door to find Adam running down the hallway, most likely chasing after someone.
"Get back here Re- Oh. Hey guys." He stopped, giving us a wave before setting off to chase after the person again. Ross and I headed towards his office. We shut the door and sat together on the floor.
Ross put his head in his hands.
"What if they don't support us? What if they hate us? What if they don't want to be our friends anymore? What if we'll be forced to quit our job?" He was panicking and starting to sweat. He faced my lips against his forehead.
"It'll be fine Ross. They'll support us. If they don't... I'll beat them up for you." He scooted closer and gave me a hug, burying his face in my chest.
Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted someone looking at us through the window. Adam.
I stuck up my finger at him and turned back to Ross, starting to pet his head. I didn't want him to be worried. He didn't deserve to be so stressed, especially over a simple relationship.
He started to cry. It wasn't something I'd expect from him. He was usually so happy and sweet.
"But what if they don't? Tim is already laughing at us. He probably thinks we're freaks. Weirdos. Phycologically ill. I don't want to lose friends, but I don't want to lose you more." I still felt Adam's presence and the door was cracked open slightly, but nothing would distract me from Ross. I heard him intake air, probably a gasp, when I kissed Ross on the forehead again.
So what if they didn't like us together.
Too fucking bad for them. I could love Ross if I wanted to love Ross, and Ross could love me if he wanted to love me. No one can stop us.
---------------------------------------------------------
Okay. Two things.
1) I know tea isn't made that fast but for time purposes I made it faster. In reality it takes like 20 minutes to make a fresh cup of tea but it's sure worth it.
2) 1.17K VIEWS WHAT THE ACTUAL FU CK. I DON'T DESERVE THIS MANY SHIT THANKS GUYS.

Time Taken: Six days (Writing is hard golly)

Breaks: Does it count if I took two days off and multiple times I stopped writing completely?

Words: 1248

Songs: A variety

THANKS AGAIN GUYS FOR YOUR PATIENCE. HAVE AN UNSTRESSED DAY/NIGHT EVERYONE~

(Don't forget to comment about mistakes and make suggestions!)