Chapter 7: The Split Stones

<Author's Note>
You're probably like, what? We're on spring break! Why are we learning? Well, those are Ancient Egypt Hieroglyphics, and their Ancient, so, keep reading and you'll know why!
______________________________
~[E/n]'s POV~

Me and [Y/n] were waiting for Natsu and Happy patiently at the Train Station. [Y/n] was leaning against a tree while I sat on a branch just above her.

"So, what is this job about? I never actually got a good look at the poster," I asked, now hanging from the branch upside down by my legs.

She looked up at me, "Oh, we have to stop this thief from stealing items from a museum at night," she replied. "And the items are ancient and said to be "cursed", so they're really important,"

I nodded, signally that I now understood the motive. I sat upright in the tree once more and waited for our friends to arrive.

After we waited for about 5 more minutes, we heard two voices calling our names. We looked up to see Natsu and Happy had finally made it.

"Hey guys! You ready?" He asked, pumping his fist like he had already won.

"Yup! Now let's hop on that Train and get-a-goin'!" I cheered.

Both [Y/n] and Natsu laughed nervously, "Hehe, yeah, I'm just gonna walk--" They said in unison as they turned around to try and run away.

"Oh no you don't!" I grabbed the back of [Y/n]'s bag, and dragged her onto the Train; Happy did the same to Natsu.

We found our seats and waited for the Train to set off. As we waited, [Y/n] pulled out a whole bunch of books that she brought to keep her entertained, knowing it'd be a while before we reached the city with the museum.

She started reading [f/b] and it seemed she had gotten lost in the pages, because no matter how many times we said her name, she wouldn't look up. We all just shrugged, not getting why she thought books were so interesting.

After a little bit, the Train started to move, and we were off to the city of Kyanseru!

~Time Skip~

~Natsu's POV~

We had finally reached Kyanseru, I looked over to see (Y/n) packing up her pile of books she had read through.

I don't get how she can read that fast, she almost reads as much as Levy, maybe even more..!

We finally had all of our things back into out bags, and we exited off the Train.

The sun had already set when we arrived, so we just walked to the Museum in the dark of the night.

Once we reached the front doors, we sat down on a bench closest to the entrance, and rested a bit. Eventually falling asleep.

We woke up when the sunlight shone through the clouds and hit our eyes.

We stretched, and walked into the Museum, and once one of the people inside saw our guild marks, he instantly waved us over.

He lead us into a room that was all clean and fancy. And he asked us to take a seat.

We did as told and he started to explain nervously what's been going on.

"You see, the artifacts in this Museum have been stolen or broken many, many times. And we know by footage that it's the same 3 people,"

"And you need us to help catch them," (Y/n) finished.

He nodded, "Do you think you can do it?"

I stood up and punched my fist and setting it aflame, "Of course we can! We're Fairy Tail! The greatest guild in Magnolia!" I yelled.

(Y/n) laughed which made me blush a little, so we exited the doors, and sat on a bench inside the Museum.

We waited for it to become dark, watching as all the people slowly left from the building.

The sun had finally set and (Y/n), Happy, (E/n) and I took action.

"Okay, I'll guard the Egyptian Exhibit, (E/n) and Happy, you'll do the Mesopotamian, and Natsu, you have the African," (Y/n) planned.

We all nodded, placed our hands together in the middle of our huddle circle and counted, "One, two, three... Break!" Then we all split ways and headed to our assigned Exhibits.

~Your POV~

I finally mad it to the Egyptian Exhibit. I saw all the model Obelisk's and Pyramids, but nothing to high in value.

But a shiny stone caught my eye as I browsed through the artifacts on display.

It was a glowing red color and I couldn't help but read the description.

"The Dragon's Eye. It's said that it's the half of the other African Goddesses Stone," weird, where have I heard of that before?

I shrugged off the odd feeling and started my watch again. But even for the last 10 minutes, nothing happened.

~Natsu's POV~

It's been 10 minutes sense I got to the African Exhibit, but nothing seemed to be happening.

So I stood up from the chair I was sitting in and decided to look around.

I can't across a (f/c) colored stone called the Goddesses Stone. It's known for possibly being the held of the Egyptian Dragon's Eye.

(A/n: Those are made up things. And you probably know that if you studied Egypt and Africa in school like I did)

I just stared at the stone for a little longer, until I heard a crash from the direction I had just came from.

So I ran back to my original spot to see a masked man with a little sack, "Looks like we meet again Salamander..!" I could tell he was smiling under his mask.

I recognized that voice! I growled as I remembered him from before.

"Daylin...."