4 - Wild Fire

5. In the epilogue, where were they planning on heading before turning south towards Darwin?

English was much quieter without Venice sitting next to me, constantly asking the answers and humming various songs. I tapped my pen frustratedly, trying to remember certain exerts from 'Walking Into The Fire'. My short-term memory was failing me at that certain moment. Whereas Ms Johnston didn't seem all to fussed about the class in front of her, carelessly playing online chess on her laptop.

She had forgotten to mute the volume, and the artificial sound of wood scraping against wood was becoming rather annoying. That, plus the worksheet of which I didn't understand at all, I was beginning to regret choosing English after all.

A trumpet sounds and I raise my head suddenly. Then, an audible groan, as Ms Johnson loses her chess game to the computer. She shrieks crazily and flings her pencil box off the bench, gaining confused stares. Apologising meaninglessly, she gathers the broken pencils and returns to her laptop.

I resorted to drawing various sizes of stars on the corner of the page. And at the best moment, when I decide to attempt question five again, a few splodges of blue ink dribble onto the paper, before running out. I scribble furiously, only leaving blank indents.

There's a knock at the door, and instead of the young roll runner standing nervously, Venice is there, looking flustered, face red.

"Uh, hey Miss." Venice says, waving awkwardly, "Can I borrow that weirdo over there?" She points accusingly at me. Ms Johnston waves carelessly, and I scramble up from my seat, desperate for a reason to exclude myself from class.

Closing the door, with force she grabs me by the collar of my shirt and drags me over to the other side of the English block. I swat her hands away and take a step back,

"What?" I asks with caution.

"Oh, you know exactly why I'm here!" She exclaims, my face remaining lost.

"Well, actually I have no clue why you just took me out of that dreadful excuse for English class, but I'm glad of it." I say.

"Bullshit! I thought we were friends!" She yells, spit leaving her mouth and finding my face at a rapid pace. Her hastily done bun flopped about as she stomped her foot impatiently.

"Yeah, I still don't know what I've done.." I trail off, becoming quite doubtful of my actions, has my memory failed me or something?

"Well, then does this ring a bell?" She yells, holding up a tattered piece of paper. In caress scribble, the words 'what a psycho i hate her it's all an act' were written below the handwritten note the desk-shoving kid had handed me earlier. The last I had seen of it, was when I screwed it up and hiffed it into the rose gardens. There was masking tape still hanging of it, and small pieces of lint stuck to the tape.

My eyes widened at her accusation, and I began to grow angry. "I didn't do that!" I defend.

"Oh, yeah, you didn't do that, just like I don't have anger issues." She remarks sarcastically. I frown, surprised at her honesty.

"Y-yeah, b-but I swear I didn't say that! I've been set up!" I plead, stepping forward and resting my hand on her shoulder.

"Ugh! Don't touch me, you poisonous bitch!" She shrieks, attracting confused attention from surrounding classroom windows. I shrink into my coat, suddenly aware of all the unwanted attention.

"Don't even try to deny it, Harry! I-"

"Venice, for fucks sake, what is wrong with you?" I yell, cutting her off. She blinks in surprise at my outburst, "Deny it? I didn't fucking do it, okay? You bloody watched me scrunch it up, and throw it into the garden! Don't you remember lecturing me on how littering is bad for the earth?"

She shrugs cowardly, not wanting to admit her wrongdoing. I could just leave it there, but my big mouth spills all the comebacks I had prepared,

"Fucking hell, I knew you were mental, but I didn't think you had bloody amnesia!" Her mouth drops and she stutters in shock.

"W-what did y-you say?" She lifts her hand up to her eye. Shit, I'm gonna make her cry.

"No! No, Venice, come on! You know I didn't mean it! Oh, fuck, Venice! Come back!" I call after her, as the tears begin to roll down her cheeks, and she screams in frustration. 

"Of course you didn't, you asshole! I totally forgive you!" She rolls her eyes at me and continues her fast pace towards the school gates. 

"Hey there, sarcasm not appreciated at this point!" I remark, still trying to catch up.

"Well, fuck me if I care!" She screams again, her voice cracking as anger mixes with tears.

I try to approach her, and when she's the first one to throw a hit at my cheek, an angry receptionist comes storming around the corner.

--

Yay! Update!

Oh, how I love cussing! 

xx

Do the holy three, for me, please! *puppy dog eyes*

[IMPORTANT: This is NOT a Harry Styles fanfic, okay?]