2 - Chemistry Partners

CHEM PARTNERS 12JM

Olivia Chambers - Lillian Wilde

Jerome Kaino  - Aylah Zivkovich

Kyle Chen  - James Bedings

Venus Carter - Harry Wood

Liam Nasey - Kirk Saunders

Chelsie Van Dyk - Leah Dawson

Zayn Rata - Poppy Moore

Anna Burton - Shae Devalient

Rylie Matchett - Lia Margarita Ranara

As I took my place next to Venice, the guy who knocked her folder off the desk earlier shot me a sympathetic look, and sat down at the bench in front of us. Other kids frowned at Venice, or made signs with their hands and rolled their eyes. She was obviously very used to it, simply turning her head and whistling a simple tune. 

I recognised the lyrics, and softly sang them along with her whistling. Hearing me, she looked at me, a deep scowl forming across her forehead,

"Don't." She snapped, before turning her attention ahead at the teacher. My singing faded, and I shrunk back into my seat nervously.

The teacher, a middle-aged brunette with prominent frown lines,  slams a heavy looking glass cylinder down on the desk , causing a deafening clanging sound, eradicating any remaining chatter. 

"Hello class." her voice sounding as though she had repeated the same thing ten times, which she probably had, "I am Mrs McGlinchey, and I will be your Chemistry teacher for this year." she did actually say more than this, but by then I had drifted away from the monotone voice, and had started staring at the ceiling dreamily.

"Oi," someone nudged me hard in the ribs, "Oi, space-head, wake up." Venice was frowning at me again, in fact the whole class was.

"Mr Wood, would you please return your attention to me." Mrs McGlinchey commanded, "I understand you are new here, but that shall give no excuse for not listening." I nodded vigorously, "Yes, Miss. Sorry, Miss." I mumble.

Venice huffed, and tapped her long finger nails on the benchtop impatiently. I ran my hands through my greasy hair, making it stick up on weird angles. Mrs McGlinchey orders the large stack of papers on her desk and hands them to a blonde girl at the front. The in an authoritive voice, 

"Shae will hand out these papers. When you get them, write your name on them please."

"Aw, Miss, do I have to?" Shae complains.

"Yes," Mrs McGlinchey barks.

Shae kicks her chair out from behind her and stomps down the length of the room, flinging papers at students. One kids whines as the corner of the paper catches their lips and tears the skin a little, leaking dribbles of crimson. 

Another paper is handed out, this time with the words 'St Johns' written on it. The kid stalks off in the direction of Recpetion, where I first arrived. Returning my focus to the paper, I snatch a blue pen out of my pocket and scribble my name at the top of the page. 

Mrs McGlinchey claps her hands together, "Now, I have assigned you with partners for the term. Your partner's names are on the paper I gave you. So find them, and sit at a table!" 

The occasional groan, or discrete 'Yus!' is heard, while everyone walks sluggishly around to their partners. I stay as I am, my partner already sitting next to me.

"Y'know, just 'cos we're Chemistry partners, it don't mean I'm gonna fall for you or anything." She says matter-of-factly, "None of that cliché stuff."

"Oh, I know." I reply quietly.

Today's Song:

Popular Song by MIKA ft. Ariana Grande

Today's Story:

Bucket List by @arcticstars (External Link)