I talked to Sprout about a place where Meghan and I could practice. She said she would ask Professor Flitwick if he would allow us to use his classroom.

Flitwick agreed, and the matter was settled.

I rushed to find Meghan. At least this time, we actually had something to talk about.

I found her rummaging through her bag on her way to Potions.

"Meghan!" I called, walking towards her.

"Cedric! Hi!" she replied, seemingly happy to see me. Off to a good start.

She hugged me as I approached, sending warmth through me despite the cold of November.

"I talked to Sprout, she said we can use the Charms classroom tonight."

"Wonderful!" she exclaimed. "See you tonight, then!"

She stood on her toes and gave me a kiss on the cheek before skipping away. I grinned and leaned against the wall, watching her beautiful blonde hair bounce up and down as she skipped. Why couldn't it always be that simple?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

We sat quite far away from each other at dinner. The distance, however, didn't stop us from making occasional eye contact and laughing to ourselves. I could not wait until dinner would be finished and we could be alone. I was feeling much more confident, or at least that's what I told myself.

I was up in my dormitory, wondering whether I should arrive earlier or later than Meghan. I decided I was being quite stupid and fussy. I grabbed my wand and headed to the Charms classroom.

Meghan was in there, sitting on a desk, looking beautiful as ever, with a monotonous facial expression. My confidence was higher than ever as I walked in. She spotted me and lit up like the sun. She hopped off the desk and gave me another one of her wonderful, warm hugs.

"How are you?" she asked, beaming from ear-to-ear.

"I'm fantastic," I replied honestly, "How are you?"

"Very well, thanks!" she said, giggling. She hopped back onto the desk and gestured for me to sit on the one next to her. I did as she wished and looked at her, waiting for her to speak.

"Well," she began, "I'm sure there's nothing I know that you don't, but I think it would be good to practice. Do you agree?"

"Yes, definitely," I stated.

"Great! Well we can start by dueling," she said mysteriously, "How does that sound?"

I withdrew my wand and held it in front of my face. I looked over at her and a smirk spread across my face. "Fantastic," I whispered.

She did the same with her wand, and we silently took sides on opposite ends of the classroom. We walked towards each other and bowed. We then turned away and took a few paces backwards.

"Ready?" I asked.

"1, 2, 3.."

We quickly turned to face eachother, wands at the ready.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted, but not quick enough. "Rictusempra!" she shouted, and I fell onto the floor in a fit of laughter.

Meghan, too, joined in the laughter and walked over to where I was on the floor. Through her laughter she whispered the counter curse and I calmed down a bit.

"What was that for?" I said. The curse was not effecting me but we were both laughing uncontrollably

"Haha, sorry!" she replied. "I just thought we might as well have a bit of fun with it, eh?"

I sighed dramatically. "Ahh, I see.."

I stood up and helped Meghan to her feet as well. I turned away from her, but quickly turned right back, pointed my wand at her and performed the Jelly-Legs Jinx on her.

"HEY!" she yelled back, in a fit of laughter, "Unfair! My legs are jelly!"

She fell down on her back. "Unjellify," I said.

"Ooh," she said, getting up and catching her breath, "Okay let's try this again. For real this time."

"Alright," I agreed.

We faced eachother, duel-style, and she counted down once more.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

"Protego!"

Meghan blocked my spell, and we began again.

"Tarantellegra!"

"Expelliarmus!"

We did it again and again, using numerous different spells.

We set it up again, and I was caught off guard. Before I could throw my spell at her, she shouted "STUPEFY!" and I was out.

Next thing I knew, the room was starting to come back into focus, and I felt a throbbing pain on the back of my head. "Cedric!" shouted Meghan. I saw her right in front of me, still a bit blury, but still there. She was just a few inches from me, actually.

"Are you alright?" she asked in a flustered voice.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," I stuttered, "You just..caught me a bit off guard, that's all."

I sat up a bit, Meghan seated on my right.

And suddenly, our eyes were locked together. My breathing was rapid and my heart pounding. The throbbing pain in my head went unnoticed. Her hand was in mine. Her face, inches away from my own. She bit her lip timidly. Her eyes smiled, and she started to lean closer towards me.

Closer..and closer..

"Er, I've got to go," I said quickly. I jumped to my feet and bolted out the door.