n i n e

Though it was the early hours of the morning, many people were bustling to and fro from the train station. Adrien’s body guard and Nathalie said they would take care of the luggage and would accompany Professor Bustier to figure out the schedule for the whole trip.

Adrien dreaded the whole thought of Nathalie finding out their schedule because he knew his father would do almost anything to get rid of his son's free time.

“A-Adrien?” Marinette had turned watch a woman who had been leaving the train station with a beautifully designed trench coat and when she turned back, she had been stranded in the middle of the train station.

“Marinette, don’t space out, its not safe to get lost right now.” Tikki called from Marinette’s purse. Marinette looked down to the little kwami and shushed her gently.

“Tikki, stay hidden. I can’t risk you being seen with all these people around.” Marinette closed her purse, looking around the crowd for Adrien or at least someone from her class so she can stick along with them and meet up with everyone else on the train.

“Marinette!”

She quickly turned to the call of her name, looking for a familiar face. And relief washed through her as she saw the blond hair and the green eyes. “Marinette, don’t wander off, I don’t want to lose you.” Adrien came up next to her sighing in relief.

“I-I’m sorry.” Marinette apologized quietly.

Adrien smile, his hand finding hers, intertwining their fingers. “I won’t be losing you again like this.” He rose their intertwined hands to his face, turning their hands to kiss the back of Marinette’s hand.

A blush bloomed all over Marinette’s cheeks as Adrien started to lead the way towards the terminal.

As the train slowly came into view, where Alya and Nino already were, holding hands as well. Alya gasped and patted Nino a thousand times to get his attention and have him look at Adrien and Marinette.

“Look! They’re holding hands!” Alya squealed.

Nino sniffled. “They grow up so fast.” He wiped a fake tear from his eye as Marinette spotted them and patted Adrien’s arm. He looked at her and where she was pointing, smiling when he saw his friends. Marinette started to take the lead and slightly tugged on her hand, not wanting Alya to see them holding hands before she jumps to conclusions. When their hands felt the slightest pressure, Adrien’s hand instinctively felt the need to tighten his grip on her. 

Marinette looked back at him, at their hands and back to meet his eyes. He gave an apologetic smile and slowly let go of her hand, allowing her to pick up her pace to go to her friends.

At the release, both Adrien and Marinette felt the cold rush that met with the parting of their hands. Adrien felt the need to quickly possess her hand again, but he didn’t have the courage to do so.

His inner possessive cat came out whenever he lost Marinette earlier. He almost had Plagg transform him just so he could smell her out of the crowd, but Plagg bit his shoulder, snapping at him that changing into Chat Noir so early in the morning in a train station after Adrien had denied him his camembert, was not going to go well.

Adrien’s mind was still under the cat’s influence when he found her, to the point that he held her hand and kissed it. He was embarrassed, to say the least, however he didn’t want to break the contact with her warmth.

“Holding hands, huh?” Alya asked, wiggling her eyebrows at Marinette.

Marinette rolled her eyes, intertwining her own fingers in attempts to replace the notable cold that possessed her hand.