Chapter Ten

I can’t stop smiling to myself as I have come to acknowledge his anger as a good thing for me. Though I don’t want him to get angry or stay mad but as some people put it “HATE is not the opposite of LOVE but Indifference is”.  At first, I thought that he’s already indifferent but I thought wrong after his reaction with the song I know for a fact that I have awaken something inside him. I snap back when I suddenly heard a woman yelling.

"What were you thinking?” Trixie is standing behind me with her arms crossed in front of her. She’s glaring at John. He looks shocked at the same time confuse of what to say. I know what this is about - I asked John to borrow the key of AJ’s office from Trexie and because of that AJ’s mad of what had happened thus he blamed Trexie for letting it happen.

I owed John for what he did even though we merely know each other.

“Actually...”I butt in. My eyes still fix at John. I stare at him and for a moment I saw on his face that he doesn’t want me to tell Trexie that it was my doing.  However, I can’t let him takes the blame. I turn to Trexie and she glares at me.

“Actually” I trail on my sentence, though I’ve decided to confess that I’m the culprit, I feel scared. “I was the one who asked him to borrow the key.”I continued. Her expression changed abruptly after what I said.

“WHAT?” She’s furious. She let her hands loose and walks in front of my desk. “After what I said to you?” Her hands on my table now. “Who do you think you are?” My blood came rushing up to my head and my cheeks as well as my ears feel hot. Everyone in the room turned their head at our direction. I look down at my hands to hide my blushing checks. I don’t want to reason out or argue of what I did because if I do, it will only cause more attention. I’ll just say nothing and let Trexie vent out.

“You know what?!” She raised her hands to show that she doesn’t want to deal with it. “I don’t want to deal with it anymore. I have had my share of sermons and I guess it’s your turn.” She said and cross her arms again. She stares at me for a moment and before I can say something she turns and marched away from me to the entrance door. I thought she will go out but she did a left turn and I know where that direction is going.

“Oh my God!” I said to myself.

I went to paranoia state as I waited for what will happen next. I sat there inanimately in my chair and I can feel John’s stare on my back. I turn my head to look at him. He’s face is apologetic. I smile weakly and face my monitor again. He did nothing wrong to apologize for but I appreciate it. It comforts me to know that I have someone on my side in this office. But then again, I brought this to myself. Why am I so impulsive?

After a few minutes Trexie is walking towards me with a wicked smile.

“He said he wanted to see you.” She said and maliciously smiles at me.

I know this would happen but I was hoping that he will just let it go. I relaxed my shoulder and went to his room nervously.  The stares from everyone in the floor are bearing holes on me.  Gosh! This is so embarrassing for a newbie like me. I didn’t even wait for at least a week to put an undeniably impulsive scene as this.

The door on his office feels like a gate to hell where never ending torments are waiting. As I was about to knock, I heard his faint voice from the other side of the door telling me to come in. There’s a sudden jolt in my stomach and my hand starts to shake. I turned the knob gingerly as if it will change the mood of the current situation. Afraid of what I will see on his expression, I walked-in with my head down and stand across his table. I hid my shaking hands at my back.

Minutes have passed and I feel awkward just standing there-waiting for something that’s taking so long to happen. The prolonged agony that slowly building up inside me is unbearable so I slowly raise my head and his glowering face sends a shiver down my spine. I feel my knees shook so I stump my right foot discretely to steady my stance again.