Chapter 48 -

A/N- did anyone catch my wherever you are reference in the last chapter, where Ash was being cheesy af?? And there was a camp rock reference too;)

-

The next day, it's about nine in the morning when I finally wake up. Stretching my arms over my head and letting out an inhuman noise, I get up and begin collecting my clothes.

"Ella?" Ashton mumbles sleepily. He sits up in bed, he has no shirt on and it takes all of my power not to stare.

"Ash," I say, "I have to go home now."

"Maybe, maybe I could meet your mum sometime," he tells me just as I'm slipping into my dress, and I freeze.

Of course, he's tired, because I don't think Ashton would ever want to meet my mother. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy, but then again, he didn't seem like the relationship type before.

Then I remember, I became Ash's girlfriend last night. I huff as I slip into my heels, shaking my head. My stomach feels queasy as I think of it, and I don't particularly regret it, but I'm scared Ashton will.

He seems to read my mind's topic at the moment, and says, "I'm your boyfriend, I deserve to meet the parents." I purse my lips. "Oops, I mean parent."

I roll my eyes, staring at him from the opposite side of the trailer. He's still in bed, except now the covers are flipped off of him, and he's clad in boxers and a white t-shirt.

He smirks as I frown at him. My eyes narrow and I say, "what is with you this morning?"

His eyes soften and he smiles nicely. "I'm sorry, babe," he says, my heart leaps at his nickname for me, "I'm just in a happy mood after last night."

"Me, too. I have to go, text me, yeah?"

"Sure," he says, but just before I'm about to yank open the screen door, he continues, "but don't you need a ride?"

I laugh nervously and face palm. "Oh, right." I stand patiently for a minute as we lock eyes, I wait for him to get up and head out with me. "Aren't you going to drive me?"

"Aren't you going to ask me?" He says, grinning widely.

I smile, showing off my pearly whites. "Ashton, dearest, might you drive me to my house?"

He laughs and stands up, walking out with me. Once we're in the car and all buckled up, I cock an eyebrow and point out, "you're wearing boxers."

"So? It's not like I'm going anywhere else."

I shrug and stare out the window as we drive. At some point during the ride, his hand slides over to my thigh and rests there. I ignore the thumping of my heart beating way too fast and my clammy palms.

We arrive shortly at my house, and I look over at Ashton. "Thank you," I say.

"Mhmm, I think a kiss is in order," he tells me, leaning in. The ghost of his lips brushes against mine and I smile against them. At last, our lips press fully against each other and I slither my hand to his neck, deepening the kiss. "Eager, aren't we? I bet I could sneak up to your room through that window of yours.

"Is your mum home? That's okay, we can be really quiet," he murmurs teasingly. Before I get too tempted, I give him a final kiss and exit the car.