Chapter 3 -

The week flew by, and before I knew it, it was Monday, time for school.

"Ella! Get your tooty up from that bed!" My mother yelled at me from downstairs. I don't understand that woman sometimes, like, tooty? What even is that.

I contemplated staying in bed a few extra minutes and getting yelled at, or getting up and getting ready, whilst making my mother happy. I chose the latter.

I groaned, throwing the black bed sheets off of my body. I stood up and sleepily made my way to my closet. It wasn't big or anything, and I didn't have tons of clothes, but I had unboxed all my clothing and hung them up.

I squeezed into my black jeans and threw on a black tank top with a red flannel over it. I slipped on black combat boots and I was finished. Well, with my clothing.

My mother and I managed to get my dresser situated yesterday, and so I peered into the mirror hanging over it and saw that I looked horrible.

My blonde hair was frizzy and just everywhere, ugh. I calmed it down with some kind of spray my mother gave me a while back, and combed through it. I smiled and tucked a strand behind my ear as I looked at myself. I didn't look that bad, no, I actually looked nice. I wanted to make a good first impression on my fellow students and my teachers.

I put a small layer of foundation on, and it looked natural, thank god. I set it with powder and then moved onto my eyes. I don't wear a lot of eye make-up so I just whipped on some mascara and called it quits.

I strutted downstairs, obviously happy with my appearance, and sat down on a chair at the kitchen table. "Morning, ma," I yawned, stretching my arms above my head.

"Morning sweets." She smiled at me, placing a bowl of Lucky Charms in front of me. She made it just way I like it, pour the milk first and then add the cereal over top, because that prevents the bits from getting soggy. Who likes soggy cereal? Not me.

I ate quickly, eager to see my new school. "Mom, can I walk to school? Pretty please?" I begged.

"No, you don't know the way. Maybe after a week, I don't want you getting lost."

I sighed nodding. "Fine."

-

"Holy crap, mom. It's so small."

"Shush, sweetie. It just means you'll know the other students better," she smiled and shrugged. I guess that was good.

"I suppose." I waved goodbye as I exited the car. They had just gotten our car here yesterday, which I was happy I didn't have to ride in a stupid rental car anymore.

I walked cautiously into the school, and I wanted to find Maggie but she was no where to be seen. It was a small school, but let me tell you, there were so many students.

"Oh god," I whispered to myself. I needed to find the office and get my locker number and schedule and stuff.

Then someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around slowly and had to look up because the person was so tall, and was met by a pair of blue eyes.

"U-Um, hi." I stuttered. He had a blonde quiff and he was just gorgeous.

He chuckled to himself before extending a hand towards me, which I gladly shook. "I'm Luke," he said, taking his hand from mine and putting them in his jean pockets. "My grandma told me about a pretty blonde, and she was right." He winked. Oh god. Thank you, Maria.

"Oh, um, thank you.. And I'm Ella."

He smiled. "You are a freshman?" I nodded. "I'm a junior, I can show you around."