*&. Chapter Six ;

I had been in my room for at least three hours. I sighed as I stared at the ceiling. It wasn't nearly as interesting as I was making out to be. It was basically just like any other wall. The whole cottage seemed to have some sort of rustic feel to it. Nearly everything was made out of wood. If I looked out of my window I'd come into view of the sea. It wasn't as close as it looked like it was. It was at least a twenty minute walk away. I made a mental note to go down there at some point before sitting up in my place.

I could hear Harry shuffling around downstairs, and if on cue my stomach rumbled. I hadn't eaten since the night before, a few nibbles at my birthday ball. Other than that I had breakfast earlier on in the day and nothing else.

Kicking my legs off the side of the bed I frowned. "I need food." I mumbled to myself before heading back out of my room and down the stairs. I didn't want to face Harry, but it wasn't as though I had much of a choice.

I straightened out my dress as I walked into the living room. It was though he hadn't moved from his spot on the sofa. I knew he had. I coughed a little making my presence known. "Do you have any food?" I asked finally speaking up as he looked at me. His gaze still harsh. Seriously, what have I done to this boy?

"Kitchen." Was all I got before he paused and looked forward to what seemed like a book in his hands. "Don't expect me to cook anything." This man had no clue.

"I didn't expect that at all." I breathed before making my way to the kitchen missing the next thing that came out of his mouth. I'm sure it wasn't anything important just some cocky remark which I didn't care for.

I ended up making something minimal. I knew my stomach wouldn't be able to settle if I waited an hour or so for it to cook. I just buttered a baguette I found in the bread bin, before putting some ham and cucumber inside it. It was rather tasty for a quick throw together of food.

I was in the middle of taking a bite from my sandwich when I heard Harry's voice. "You still in here? I'm surprised you actually know how to make something to eat." He sounded annoyed... Nothing knew there then. "Mmm" I rolled my eyes at myself before swallowing what was in my mouth before trying again. "Sorry if that's an inconvenience to you. And where was I supposed to be exactly?" I didn't even bother to look at him, I just took another bite of my baguette.

"Actually it is. And I don't know... not hovering in the kitchen for one. You could've gone back to your room." That was it I almost threw the bread down on the side. He acted as though that room that was so called mine was a cell that I just belonged in. I turned to face him as my forehead wrinkled as I frowned. "Then why the hell am I here? Huh?! If you don't want me here, let me leave." He laughed humourlessly at me. "You can't leave, and sorry, your grace." he rolled his eyes at the word grace before continuing in the same condescending tone. "I don't have a choice either. It's my job to keep you safe."

It was my turn to laugh. My arms folded effortlessly across my chest. If I didn't know any better I could have sworn his eyes travelled down to my chest for a split second. "Pretty shit to have a job you hate." Before he could say anything I stepped forward. "Besides, you've seen what I can do, I can take care of myself. I don't need protection." My fingers flew up in the air as I twitched my fingers, motioning apostrophes for emphasis to the fact he hadn't really done anything to protect me.

"There's so much you don't know, princess. I wouldn't be here if you didn't need my help." I scoffed but he carried on. "Things are only going to get worse. So you better do as I say unless you want to end up dead." Was that a threat? I shook my head keeping my shell up.

An awkward, angry silence filled the air for a few moments. That was until I broke it. "What do you have against me?" He looked at me a flicker of confusion shooting past his eyes.

"You clearly dislike me. Why? What the hell have I ever done to you?" He laughed almost mocking my questions.

"Don't take it personally, your highness. I don't like anyone who's rich, snobby and think nothing of themselves. Or in your case -- who use little boys for their own pleasure. Because they can, because people like you think you can get anything they want. Just because you have more money, you assume you have power over everyone."

I snapped. "You don't even know me! You're just assuming things! I never harmed anyone. I've never used anyone. How dare you accuse me of things you don't have facts for."

"I don't need facts. I've met your father after all." I crossed my arms back over my chest fighting the urge to hit him. "You only know what my father has become. He wasn't always like this. -- And just because he is the way he is doesn't mean I'm like him."

He raised his eyebrow his eyes never leaving mine. Damn. How could eyes that beautiful be so intimidating. "You're his daughter yes?" I nodded. "Then the apple never falls far from the tree." What the hell was that supposed to mean? My head screamed but before I could say anythin my arm seemed to do the talking.

I swung my hand to slap him, by that point I realised my eyes were prickled with tears. My hand was inches away from connecting to his check when he grabbed my wrist with ease. I winced a little at the contact. He didn't even flinch. I don't even know what came over me. I've never harmed anyone before.

"Exhibit A." His eyes just bored into mine with nothing but hate. His grip on my wrist not seeming to leave. My mouth gapped in shock as I just stared dumbfounded.

What the hell just happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooooooo juicy. The conflict is showing. 

I have to apologise for this A: being so short and B: me taking so long to update

I've been up in arms about my dissertation for uni. That and I've had a slight block, not to mention my confidence is kinda shot. So yeah. I am sorry. 

Just know unless I say otherwise this will not be cancelled. Even if it takes me a while to update. Just bare with me :( I'm sorry. 

Please vote / comment if you enjoyed it means a lot! x♥x