Chapter 25 A place close to my heart.

Start from the beginning

" hi. Do you like it here?" I asked him.

" Yes, I do. And for your information, you should know that you have got yourself a little crush." He said smiling.

" who? Malcolm?" I asked.

" Yeah. He told me just now that he will win you over me and I should not get too close to you." I laughed hearing it.

" So what's your answer to that then?" I asked smiling.

" it's will a long battle for him then, because he can't win cause I am not letting go of you." I blushed hearing it.

" Malcolm is a sweet kid if you get to know him," I told him.

" So when did you start coming to this orphan?" He asked me.

"One day my car died in the middle of nowhere. So I walked as far as I could for some sign of any vehicle and it started raining hard so I looked for a house and took shelter here. That time I got to know Malcolm cause he took me in and gave me a towel. All the children were very sweet and they talked to me a lot. I spent the night there. The next few days I arrived home. Then after that day, I made a habit of coming here and playing with them."

He looked at me smiling." What are you thinking? " I asked him.

" Nothing much. It's just you are so sweet that my teeth hurt." He said smiling and kissed my cheek.

" I am not that sweet ok?" I laughed. " I can be a bit spicy too."

He raised one eyebrow," I would like to see that." He licked his lips.

I got embarrassed. Why did I say that?

" Mia, come play with us." Malcolm shouted laughing. " coming!" I said.

" Wanna join me?" I asked James looking at him. He got up and said," why not."

We went towards the kids. We danced a lot to the song cheap thrills by sia.

Then we were playing tag. I saw James was mixed with the kids. They all were playing together. It seemed sweet.

I was feeling tired after playing so much. I sat under the tree. James was still playing tag with them. He has so much energy I must say. Then my phone rang.

" Hello?"

" hi darling how are you? "

" I am good Cloè. How are you and how is your work.?"

" I am having the best time of my life here. My work is great. So what's your status?" She asked giggling. I understood what she meant.

" I am in a relationship now."

" way to go, girl!. So is James treating you nicely? "

" yes, he is." I looked at James who was laughing and rolling in the field getting ambushed by the kids. I smiled.

" by the way, I will be coming to New York next week for a fashion show. I want both of you to come."

" We love too," I said. I saw James making his way to me.

" I am excited to see you. You know Alex was asking about you." She said smirking.

" Oh, he was? Why?" I asked her.

" I don't know. But it's common for you. You do get many admire." I laughed.

" Stop. I don't have any admires" James sat beside me.

" Okay, I gotta go now. See you in New York. Take care bye."

" bye. You also take care now. See you next week." I ended the call.

I laid my head on James' shoulder. We intertwine our fingers. " So what's next week?" He asked me.

" Oh Cloè called and she will be coming to New York next week for a fashion show. She wants both of us to go."

" Oh and...Should I know something about the admires? " He asked.

" it's nothing. Cloè was just making things up." I smiled.

" Still I don't like it if anyone gets close to you except me." He made a face.

"James you cute like this." I laughed.

Malcolm came towards us and so did other kids. " Mia tell us a story." The kids sat around us.

" Okay," I said, " once upon a time there was a girl named Clarisa. She had magic and helped everyone to be healthy. But every time she used magic to save someone she loses one year of her life. She continues to save people. Giving happiness to others gives you happiness. The time she met the one that she could be happy with she didn't have any more years left to live."

" So what happened to her?" Jade asked me.

" Well, love gives you strength. So the lover asked god to save her life. He gave up half of his life to be together with her. And remember this when you want something from your whole heart without evil intentions. We get it. So God gifted them a baby angel and they lived happily ever after."

" That was a great story big sis thanks."

"Your welcome Drake." All of them went in for lunch after that.

" where did you heard that story?" James asked me.

" My dad used to tell me this story when I was small. He told me that my mom used to tell me when I used to go to sleep. I couldn't remember that much of her but dad told me everything about her." I smiled and continued," he told me that I was that baby angel in the story."

"I do miss my parents sometimes," I said with a sad smile.

James hugged me," I am here baby and I won't let be sad anymore. I will be always here for you." I hugged him back.

" Say Mia what are your plans for tomorrow?"

" Nothing much. Why?"

" Let's go on a date. How about it?" He asked smiling.

" I love that." I smiled.

It was time for us to go back. "When will you come again, big sis?" Jade asked me sadly.

" I will come again soon. So don't be sad. And next time I will bring gifts for everyone." They all cheered happily.

I was getting in the car with James when Malcolm called me. I turned back" Yes Malcolm."

He took my hand and I bent down as I thought he had to say something. He kissed my cheeks." Next time you will come and stay here for one day okay?"

" I will if you all behave till I come next time," I said smiling. He hugged me. I like this kid. He is sweet. James came and possessively wrapped his hand around my waist. I could see the little hint of jealousy.

James and Malcolm were having an eye battles to say. I broke the silence.

" Okay let go." I got in the car and waved goodbye.

" I am getting irritated by that kid. " James said.

I laughed, " yeah. I can see that." I kissed James and said," I like you more than anyone. So stop getting jealous of a kid. He is a sweet kid if you get to know him... So, did you enjoy today?"

" I did. I enjoy every moment when I am with you." he smiled.

" it's a cute side of you getting worked up by a kid. " I murmured smiling.

" Did you say something? he asked me.

" Nothing" we drove off.