Chapter 20: The Declaration of a Coming Battle

I stood outside the front doors of their hotel, my eyes glowing bright in anger. The veins in my forehead bulged visibly, and before I realized what I was doing, I smashed the doors down. Moving deeper, each room I passed, I made roar in explosive white flames. "GET OUT HERE!! SILENT GOD!! COME FIGHT ME!!" I yelled, releasing flames and destroying the next kitchen. I came to large double doors, kicking through the wood and stepping into the main hall. I was definitely in the right place. Ahead of me, the entirety of the Silent God guild was standing there, shocked at my presence.

"Hey.. That's the guy from earlier.." I heard a voice, Jarimu I knew for sure, to my left. Glancing, at him, it confirmed my thoughts, with his brother Dai standing next to him just as shocked. Looking forward, the other members crowded around two females. One was blonde, her hair in a long ponytail and her eyes were misty blue color. She wore a tight, short dress and her curves were clearly visible. Next to her, was a woman in a slightly more revealing dress, that barely held up on her bust. Her right leg was revealed through the slit of the long fabric, and her legs were crossed. Her face was the calmest out of everyone, and the most familiar. Her brown hair was curled and resting on her shoulder. "Well, well, well. Ain't this a surprise."

"I see you've been busy... Julienn." I said bitterly.

"Don't you dare address the Master so casually!" One of the men yelled, running at me. "Have some respect!" He said, blade raised. I ducked under as he swung, flames surrounding my fist as I brought it back and slammed against his ribs, letting him bounce against the floor into the wall behind me and shattering it. "Move it. My beef ain't with you." I said.

"Whoa...." The blonde said. "You're definitely different, Justin.."

I looked at her, blinking. "Who the hell are you?"

"You don't recognize her," Julienn questioned. "Damn, guess you're not important to him, Ashley."

"Ashley?" I repeated. Looking at her face closer, I could place pieces of how she used to look to how she was now, and one question popped into my mind. "Where's the washboard I knew?"

"How rude!" She said, her voice mildly angry.

"Whatever, that's not why I'm here. I'm going to pay you back for what you did to Crystal."

"What does that have to do with you," Dai questioned. "She was a member of our guild, so an outsider should keep out."

"Outsider or not," I started, my eyes focusing on Julienn. "When it comes to someone being hurt, I MAKE it my business."

"That sounds annoying..."

Ignoring Dai, I stepped forward, determined to give Julienn a taste of her own medicine. Ashley was about to step in her place and challenge me, but Julienn stopped her, and welcomed me to try. Not a good choice. I ran forward, flames dancing around my knuckles. I threw my fist, hitting a magic shield Julienn produced when I got within a couple feet of her. Growling, I stuck the shield with my other fist, continuing my barrage of flaming punches, hoping to break through. The weight of my fists grew heavier, and flames took a slightly violet hue. Soon enough, the magic shield began cracking, spreading up and outwards.

Ashley and Julienn's faces turned to surprise at how I was pushing on with my assault, until finally, after gathering an immense amount of magic flames, I smashed my knuckles against the shield, completely blowing it apart, and the roof behind them along with it. Dust flew around us from the impact, and I stared hard and angrily at the pair. "Still think my efforts are in vain?"

No one said anything, they just looked at me and froze in surprise. I got what I came for after realizing this. Turning away, I began walking towards the entrance, not before turning to them and speaking loudly. "We're all gonna meet again. Those trials consist of guilds fighting against one another, right? My guild is gonna take down Silent God, and we'll make sure it's a crushing defeat." Without another word, I stepped away from the main hall, then out of the hotel into the night, as if I were a vengeful, warring spirit ready to rain down destruction on my enemies.