Would she save you?

Start from the beginning

"Don't answer a question with a question."

"Don't fucking ask questions then!" I yelled, attracting attention. I looked around, "Nothing to watch here, ya lifeless people! Its just siblings fighting."

They all started to move away, probably already disliking me. Funny, how I didn't give a fuck. I turned around to go away as well, but stopped when Stefan called me again.

"What?"

"I'm sorry Megan."

"I'm sorry too Stef. I can't believe I loved you so much. I mean, you totally abandoned me, bro. I was heartbroken.. Its good I tried to kill myself, I got to come back like this. Now I know who to trust. No one."

He sighed. I wasn't sure if he was frustrated or well, just still sorry, but he walked to me and gave me a tiny smile, a pleading one. "Megan, if someone was trying to kill Damon- even with a reason- how would you react?"

I thought about it, heck, I thought hard. Never in my life did I put my brain into this much pressure, but an answer came anyway, "I don't know Stefan. I don't really have any feelings now. Remember how I just came back from the dead to save Princess Elena?"

He sighed, frustrated this time, "Could you just stop reminding me? I know I made a mistake, but I need to assure you, if you and Elena switched places that night, I'd be equally mad at her."

I laughed, "No babe, no. I don't believe you." I pretended to look at the imaginary wrist-watch on my hand, "Now, I must leave before I lose it and burn this place."

Not waiting for an answer, I turned around and ran away.

~

"Megan!" Came one voice I never expected to hear ever again.

I was in the cafeteria, sitting alone. I knew Stefan occasionally looked in my direction to confirm I wasn't killing someone and Elena and Bonnie watched me as well, just glaring. They should be thankful my eyes are covered because of the glasses. They'd be creeped if they saw them.

"What's up, pig?"

He paused to check if I'd just talked to him. When he saw no one around, he continued to me and took a seat next to me, "I want to apologize."

I chuckled, "A lot of people have been apologizing lately, welcome to the club."

He shook his head. "Megan, I mean it. I truly am sorry."

"I know Tyler, I do. And you're forgiven. You're free, go tell you friends and family Tay-tay, you're free," I said, not looking at him.

Tyler frowned, "You're behaving weird. Really weird."

I chuckled again, "Life is short. Wait, who am I kidding? Nope, life is pretty long, but YOLO, so make the most of it." I leaned forward to him and whispered, "Being weird is the best way to live it."

He nodded, "Yeah, okay."

We stayed quiet for a while before I got up, "It was nice talking, but I have better things to do now."

"Wait, Megan!"

"Yeah?"

"Is there any chance... there'll be us again?"

"No," I said on his face and walked away.

When I reached my car, I saw a shadow following me. Every time I turned, the shadow vanished. "Show yourself to me, would you?"

I heard a chuckle, and immediately knew who it was. "Still feisty, aren't you love?"

I wanted to smile at him, but my face remained blank as he approached me, "Yeah. Cool meeting you, bro, I gotta leave now though."