His lifeless eyes twitched as he looked down at Wraith in pity, "Knowing that my father is on his last few breaths you bring this atrocity to our doorsteps?"

      "No, Gracious One," Aperia bowed frantically. "Wahret has protected us from these men for years. This outsider is a direct challenge to your divine authority, he and his men must be dealt with immediately."

      Adjusting the crook against his collarbone, Akhenaten ran his tongue across his teeth in agitation, "Be done with it, leave nothing of him."

       Wraith's gut momentarily sank; he could not defy an order from Pharaoh. Despite how much he disproved of Akhentaten, his co-regency with Amenhotep solidified his position over him. Sighing, Wraith extended his hand to one of the Sons of Ra, perched on top of a noble's roof. The Son of Ra tossed the bronze Khopesh with a smirk.

      "I bet Lord Djeserit is rolling in his grave, an Ungifted murdered your earthly advisor. . .and yet you still obey them," Horwedja twirled his sword again and loosened his muscles with a few jumps. "Let's hope I can bring you back to earth, Head Son."

       It seemed more of an eccentric dance than a sword fight. Every step Horwedja took, Wraith carefully mirrored and combated. He had no intention to murder the Head Son, but he knew there would be no choice. Horwedja threw a fistful of sand into Wraith's eyes in hopes to temporarily blind him, but he underestimated Wraith's sensory capabilities.

      Dropping onto his haunches to avoid the swing, Wraith pulled Horwedja's ankle and threw him off balance. Swapping the sword into his weaker hand, Horwedja tried to slash at Wraith's sternum, to which he dodged again. Blocking another frantic swing with his forearms, Wraith spat in Horwedja's face and knocked the sword from his clammy palms.

     Wraith licked his lips, the saline taste of sweat and blood awakened a deep hunger in his gut. There would be no mercy. He grappled Horwedja's damp shoulders and the two men slammed their foreheads together, pushing with equal force.

      "How much did the Hyksos pay you to reclaim the Northern Nome?" Wraith snarled.

      "Enough to gain the support needed to overthrow this Ungifted government, not that it matters," Horwedja pushed Wraith a step back. "Once Amenhotep IV is properly crowned Pharaoh, we are all dead."

    Rearing his head, Wraith savagely headbutt Horwedja. The impact was hard enough to split the skin on his forehead and a line of blood coagulated in his black lashes. Horwedja cradled his scalp and swayed, disorientated.

      "Leave now, this is your final warning," Wraith rolled his shoulders back, grimacing when they clicked back into place.

      "Like I said before, Wahret," Horwedja grinned. "I'm not leaving without a trophy of my victory. . .it'll be your head or your wife's c*nt."

      Tossing the Khopesh to the side, Wraith grappled Horwedja again and dug his nails in. With a smirk, Horwedja ducked underneath Wraith's arm and used it as leverage to lift the Head Son off the ground and slam him down. Horwedja exhaled a sharp breath and brought the full weight of his heel down on Wraith's ribs.

      Crack.

       "Perhaps I'll spare your wife and make you watch while I fuck her," Horwedja laughed. "Thebesh produces the best whores."

       Wraith squeezed his eyes shut and rolled onto his side. The searing heat from the break spread across his chest and laboured his breathing. He fought against every rational bone in his body to snap out of the cloud of rage settling over his distorted vision, but Wraith gave in. Digging his fingers into the dirt beneath him he let out a low guttural growl.