٥: ZIARA

He'd tried to convince himself that it was a mistake, that he'd just wake up and nothing would've happened―Wraith tried to get his head around the fact that he'd encountered a Son of Horus; the girl mustn't have realised it, but Wraith could, he saw it from the colour of his eyes and from the way he surrendered without question.

      "So you decided to tell us this now?" Nathanial sat on the table in front of Isfet, folding the scrolls into paper planes, tossing them around the room. "You could've gotten information out of the guy, or had Azizi take his soul like Anubis said."

      Wraith started to pace again, fiddling with the Khepesh on his belt. He'd requested all of his Sons in the library to discuss the 'situation' with them. Wraith turned his attention to Anuka, "Is she awake?"

      One of Nathanial's paper planes flew at Anuka and nestled itself into his hair, "Not since the last time I checked. The Ancient Art you advised to put on her will surely make her unconscious, and I've put her in a bind of linen, she can't move even if she wanted to."

      "Was that truly a Son of Horus? Didn't look like one from memory," Isfet paused his rummaging to grimace. "Was it wise to keep him alive? We don't want a repeat of the Eighteenth." 

      "We cannot abuse the treaty, I would've devoured his spine otherwise," Wraith continued his robotic pacing. "I assume he was her protector, but she seemed completely unaware as to who we are. But considering he is a Son of Horus, she is an enemy."

      "Don't you think it's strange though?" Anuka loosened the bandages around his throat. "He gave her up without a fight, regardless of the treaty. If they were as close as you assumed, there would've been resistance. She smells pure to me. . .perhaps she knows nothing." 

     "And Ungifted don't have scents," Isfet chimed in. "There seemed to be recognition in her features when we showed ourselves. If she were Ungifted, tonight would not have happened."

       Wraith nodded but still had more questions than answers.

       "She did have a strange aura about her," Nathanial tossed another plane. "Please tell me that you guys saw it too."

      "Is this another gift that the Great Father has given you?" Wraith noted that Nathanial could create Shabti without the need of the vocal command, and as much as Wraith distrusted him, his talents were exceptional.

      Nathanial gave a one-shoulder shrug, "It was like picking up a scent but with colours," he gestured to Wraith, "Your aura is black, grey and white in the shape of a jackal. It's like a cloak around your Ka I suppose. The Son of Horus' aura was blue, green and gold in the shape of a falcon. Though, the girl's didn't have a precise shape, it was almost clouded when Wraith grabbed her, and it didn't outline her Ka like the others. Her colours were red, orange and black. . .it was almost like she stood in a fire that only I could see."

    Wraith scowled, "Did you pick up on anything else when you saw her?"

      "Yeah, there was one other thing," Nathanial rolled onto his side. "Her cloak spoke to me, well it didn't really speak, it like, murmured things."

      Isfet pushed out of his chair and moved to one of the many bookshelves that filled the library to its high ceilings. He placed the discarded scrolls back in their nooks before picking through more, "I thought auras were a myth comprised by Ungifted priests to feel somewhat special." He sat back in his seat with a new bundle, "What did it say?"

'I am the one who sees all. I am the one of justice. I am the End.'

      Nathanial rubbed his black hair and looked at Wraith with an exasperated expression, "Doesn't sound like a Daughter to me."