Freedom

Harry only sobbed into Draco's chest as everyone gathered around them wondering what was happening. They had their arms around each other and wouldn't let go for anything.

"Harry," Draco whispered. "Stay with me. I want to die in your arms, I want you to be the last thing I see."

Harry nodded and brushed hair out of his face. "Yes, of course baby. I'll stay right here," he gasped out.

"Kiss me." Draco whispered.

Harry crashed their faces together to kiss his lover. He kissed him as passionately as he could before breaking down again. He had to face the facts.

Draco was going to die.

And he couldn't do anything about it.

"Draco," Harry whispered. "Do you...think you can hold on? That you won't die?"

Draco shook his head. "Harry, it hurts to breathe." He told him. "I'm not going to last much longer."

Harry nodded and wiped his eyes, then leaned down to kiss his forehead. "I love you."

"I love you more." Draco told him, burying his face in Harry's chest.

No one knew what was happening. They didn't know when Harry and Draco got together, why they were saying they loved each other, or why they were kissing.

"Draco," Harry told him. "It's okay to let go. I don't want you in this pain forever. When you feel like you need to let go, do it."

Draco nodded and closed his eyes. He grabbed Harry and yanked him over to hug him as closely as possible. Harry wrapped his arms around Draco tightly and kissed him again.

"I don't want you to die," hardy told him, starting to cry again.

"I know. But I have to." Draco told him. "At least I won't die for nothing."

Harry shook his head and kissed Draco's forehead again. "No, you helped everyone escape. You're dying because you made sure everyone else wouldn't get hurt. You're dying because of getting me a wand to kill Voldemort with. You're dying as a hero, Draco."

Draco nodded and let out a ragged gasp. "It hurts so much," he cried out, leaning over to Harry. Harry silenced him with a kiss.

"I love you." Harry told him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Harry." Draco told him when they released from the kiss. "But, when I die... I want you to move on."

"No! I can't do that!" Harry cried.

"Promise me, Harry." Draco demanded. "Go find a husband or a wife and have little Harry the second and third and Harriet running around."

"I won't be able to love anyone like I love you," Harry whispered.

"I know that. But you have to move on. For me," Draco whispered back. Harry nodded.

"Okay."

Draco gasped again and clutched into Harry tightly. "I-I think-" he looked at Harry, his eyes telling him all he needed to know.

"I love you Draco, let go."

"I love you too," Draco whispered.

He kissed Harry passionately once more before he fell to the ground. Harry started sobbing again and clutched his dead body. All of his family came over to hug and support him.

"I love him so much. We only just got together. Why did he have to go?" Harry asked as he buried his face in Draco's shoulder. Hermione rubbed his back and whispered comforting things in his ear.

"You did it baby," Harry whispered, kissing his ex lovers cheek. "You fought for freedom for everyone, and you made it possible."