Chapter 2

Your mum: ok but don’t be too long.

You: okay

You run down stairs to the door grab your coat and leave. The first house you go to is the one next door which was only a few steps away. When you get to the house you see there is no doorbell so you knock instead. Suddenly someone taps you on the shoulder, you scream.

Guy: I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.

You: it’s ok so do you live here.

Guy: yeah my name is Jake and yours is?

You: tarinna or Nina for short.

Jake: well Nina it’s nice to meet you.

You: nice to meet you to.

You start to walk away when you look back at Jake but he was gone. So you continue to walk to the next house and ring the doorbell. The door opens quickly and a lady greets you.

You: hi my name is tarinna I’m new to this town.

Lady: obviously otherwise you wouldn’t of rang the doorbell. The lady slams the door on your face. You turn around to walk to the next house when Jake suddenly appears.

You: ooh my god you scared the life out of me where did you come from.

Jake: sorry again and what do you mean where did I come from I was standing here the whole time.

You: ooh ok I didn’t see you there.

Jake: so I was wondering a friend of mine invited me to this party tonight and he told me to bring someone so I was wondering if you would like to go with me.

You: uh I’d love to but I got to ask my mum first.

Jake: ok here’s my number call when you find out.

Jake hands you a piece of paper and you put it in your pocket.

You: ohk

You start to walk home when you realise you were walking in the complete opposite direction, you giggle and turn to walk home. When you get home you run to your mum and ask her about the party.

Your mum: I don’t know tomorrow is a school day and you have to get up early.

You: ooh please I will get up on time.

Your mum: fine is good.