Chapter Five - Margarette Malachite

"Dearest Diary,
Today is the 31st day of the 8th month of the year 987. I have introduced you to all of my friends, and you have seen them all. Godric Gryffindor, founder of the Lions. Rowen Ravenclaw, founder of the Eagles. Helga Hufflepuff, founder of the Badgers. And last, but definitaly least -just kidding- Salazar Slytherin, founder of the Snakes.

Now, to meet me. The moment you have all been waiting for!

Margarette Malachite, founder of the Pheonix's!"

As usual, a wisp left the diary and appeared in front of the now empty section of the teachers table. Everyone was excited to see what the mysterious woman who was unmentioned throughout history, yet played such a big part.

The wisp expanded into an image, and showed a young girl -no older than 20- standing in an unknown room. Her brown locks fell just past her chest and her chocolate eyes staring to the image. She was wearing a royal blue blouse with a corset. On her legs were flowing black pants, and she wore black shoes on her feet, which were covered by her pants.

"This is working," she says with a smile, the same voice that was usually behind the image ringing out through the room, "I hope so." She smiled brightly at the camera, "Well, now that we're at the fifth entry of my diary that I was forced to write, you finally get to somewhat meet me.

I'm Margarette Malachite, founder of the Malachite house. And, we are currently in the entrance hall of Malachite Manor, and I will be giving you a tour and such. It'll be interesting. BUT, don't think I'm gonna show you the location of the Manor. No sir ye. Not happening.

But as I said, this is the beautiful entrance hall to Malachite Manor," Margarette did a quick spin, "Through there is the common room," she points to a door off to the side, "and opposite is the.." she lets out an annoyed sigh and starts snapping her fingers, "the.....the....the library. I got it! Whoo! The second floor and up holds to dorms and toilets."

She points to a staircase on her right, "That's the girls side," the to the left staircase, "that's the boys. Second floor is first years, third is second years, and et cetera, et cetera. Tomorrow -the next time I write/show an entry- I'll give you a full tour."

The image shrunk back into a wisp, and re-entered the diary. Soon enough the voice entered the room again:

"I hope that worked. Well, if it didn't, all well.

Malachite Manor will stay off the grid to everyone who isn't in the Malachite house, myself, and my hat. Only true Malachite's will be able to find the manor, and it will be their choice of who to lead the way.

My house is the home of the eccentric, out there students. People preseive them as mad, but they just see things................differently, as do I.

Godric, Helga, Sal, and Rowena believe it's a terrible quality to have in a student, but I oppose. Eccentric, out there students will see things from a different perspective. They can come up with the craziest plans that no one's ever even thought to try. The plan would be so mad, no one would think of it, but it would always succeed.

Pheonix's would be avoided by everyone, and pushed around, bullied even. Just because people saw them as different, weird, odd. But in my house, that's welcome, in fact it's pushed. Like a good friend of mine, Errol Lovegood.

He is too old to attend Hogwarts, but his daughter, Lisa Lovegood and her younger brother, Charles Lovegood, will be wonderful students, I can already tell. The entirety of the Lovegood family in fact. They are so, wimsical and eccentric, they make wonderful friends.

In fact, I'll tell them about Nargles.

Godric's invisible enemies. But, I he was fighting something, you just couldn't see it. Small creatures, Nargles are.

I went back to where he was fighting, and I sensed an invisible creature. So, Nargles are real, they go into your brain and cause rage, or heighten an emotion you're feeling. I'm unaware of what they're seeing, but after I tell Errol about them, we'll try to find some.

If your a Lovegood, then your a Malachite and should easily find Malachite Manor.

Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Margarette Malachite"

After the voice was gone, many people looked toward the Ravenclaw table where 1st year Luna Lovegood sat with a carefree smile on her face.