Chapter 23: Pop! Goes the Weasel

Začít od začátku

Rylan takes a deep breath before descending the stairs. She tries not to look unhappy.

"You kids have a good time tonight. I want her home by 10:30 Blake." He orders.

"Yes, sir."

"You want me to get a picture?"

"No." Rylan says quickly. "We're fine."

"Alright, well, have fun, honey." Mr. Winchester says and kisses his daughter on the head.

Then he shoos them out the door.

They ride to the dance in silence and Blake opens Rylan's door like the perfect gentleman, even offering his hand to her. Rylan stares at it, refusing to take it. Blake has never respected her, not once. She isn't going to respect him.

Blake blocks the door so the only way out is to take his hand. When Rylan doesn't make any moves to take his hand, Blake grabs her hand roughly, yanks her out of the vehicle, and slams the door shut.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be, Rylan." He hisses in her ear.

Rylan glowers at the ground.

"You got what you wanted. I'm here. You can't force me to enjoy myself."

"I don't care if you enjoy yourself or not."

Blake shifts his body so his arm wraps around Rylan's waist securely and tightly, and then the two head inside the school.

The gym is decorated entirely in white and different shades of red and pink. Streamers line the ceiling and a disco ball hangs in the middle of the room. On one end of the room is a snack and punch table and at the other is a DJ who shuffles music from an iPod through a set of speakers on his stage.

Rylan admires the work of the High School committee. Their decorations give the gym a magical ardour and Rylan becomes caught up in her surroundings. Blake doesn't give her much time to appreciate the ornamentation, and drags her onto to the dance floor. Rylan tries to look around for her friends, but Blake spins her and throws off her vision for a moment. The music is slow, so Blake holds her traditionally and the two begin turning in circles. The closeness is suffocating. Rylan takes this chance to glance about the room for Cas, Tuck, and Dani.

"Who you looking for, cupcake? Your friends?" Blake taunts.

"What did you do?" Rylan demands.

"Nothing."

"I've done everything you asked. You said you'd leave them alone."

"True, and I have. I'm just not convinced you'll keep your word. I think you're up to something and I'm going to find out what it is."

"What does that mean?"

"It means what I said."

"I don't want to dance anymore."

"Too fucking bad."

Rylan plants her feet and jolts their movement to a stop.

"I don't want to dance anymore." She hisses.

They stare each other down.

"Fine." Blake glares at her. "We'll go sit down for a while."

He grabs her hand and they exit the dance floor. Rylan waits until they are surrounded by a lot of other students and then shoves away from Blake.

"Rylan." Blake growls and reaches for her.

Rylan retreats and puts as many obstacles between her and Blake as she can. She carefully maneuvers through the sea of people and hides on the opposite side of the punch table. Rylan peeks over the table and ducks when she catches sight of Blake searching in her direction with an annoyed expression on his face.