Take a Break

{Come on skinny love just last the year}

Take a Break

Lucy had gone home that night, disappointed and slightly depressed. How much longer were they going to be setting her up only for failure?

Would Lucy ever find 'the one'?

"Luce! How'd it go?"

Lucy's mouth trembled as she stared up at Natsu, her expression telling exactly how it had gone down. Natsu grimaced, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.

"I knew this would happen..." He mumbled honestly, sighing. Lucy scrunched her eyebrows together, annoyance filling her.

"You knew and you didn't say anything?" She demanded, throwing her purse onto her carpeted floor while Plue yapped happily at her.

"Wha-? I DID say something! Multiple times, in fact!" He argued haughtily, disbelief clouding in his eyes. What the-how could she start accusing him when he had full out told her it was a mistake to go out with Loke?!

"..." Lucy shut her mouth, sudden realization washing over her. She crossed her arms and pouted, looking the other way.

Natsu scoffed and rolled his eyes at her. "So Loke didn't work out, who says you won't find someone? You need to stop freaking out about this so much and just let it flow naturally." He advised although uncertain of his advice.

How do you give correct advice when you've never been in the situation before?

He didn't care about being alone. He was fine with it, in fact. It seemed like the best option so far. But Lucy-Lucy was the exact opposite of him. She craved love and affection, she needed someone. And apparently, she needed them fast.

"The clock is ticking Natsu, I can't just let it 'flow naturally'. Lucy put mocking quotation marks around her words, angered by Natsu's easy going attitude. How could he be so calm while she was freaking out. How could he be okay with being so...lonely?

"I think someone needs a break." Natsu said in a baby voice, putting his hands on his hips. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows, rolling her eyes at his stupid act.

"No I don't need a break, if anything we need to hurry up!" Lucy refused, her own hands falling to her hips.

"Jeez Luce why are you so tense?" He eyed her carefully, wondering what was up with her.

She sighed, her shoulders slumping in defeat. "I'm just...ugh! I don't know!" She rubbed her temples, turning away and walking into the kitchen to preoccupy herself.

He huffed loudly at her dramatic ways, staring at Plue in disbelief. "Is she always like this?" He asked the dog rhetorically, to which the dog yapped happily in reply.

"Tch." Natsu shook his head at the small pup, walking into the kitchen.

"Well, I'll come by tomorrow..." Natsu addressed the blonde, his hand slipping into his pocket to fetch his motion sick patches. Lucy nodded and looked away, opening the fridge to bring out her pitcher of milk.

"See you." She mumbled, pouring a cup quietly. Natsu sighed and turned back around, walking out the door.

x.i.i.x

"Mm..mff!"

"Ah~ Shh don't speak~"

"MMMF!"

"Stop moving Gray-sama!"

Natsu felt his eyes slide open as he turned around in his bed to see Gray wrapped around a very familiar bluenette.

"H...Help!" Gray cried, finally able to find his voice as he reached out towards Natsu helplessly, noticing the male was awake.