XXX: Lonely Hearts Club

Depuis le début

R.J hadn't changed much since I last saw him. Still very... smooth and quite arrogant. The way he laughed too... it made me cringe. If you could picture a suited and booted pimp, that would be him. Apart from, luckily enough, he wasn't a pimp and Avery was most definitely not a hooker.

"Have a good Christmas, Buddy?" R.J asked, looking at me through the mirror. I looked out of my window begging him to shut up already, "Mhm." I replied bluntly.

"Jacob," Avery looked over at me with an eye roll before looking back at R.J, "Sorry, he gets bitchy when he's tired-"

"No I don't? And I'm not tired!" I sat up, looking over at her, "You've dragged me out of bed for something only to put me in the car with this douchebag!"

"Hey!" R.J yelled, his booming voice making the atmosphere tense, "Now I've been nice to you, Buddy! Don't make me pull over and dumb your ass on the curb!"

Speechless, I just looked from him to Avery who also look shocked but at the same time, rather hesitant to say anything. That wasn't like her at all. I shook my head and narrowed my eyes at him, "Do it then, Asshole. Nice? You asked me how my christmas was! And don't call me Buddy don't call- you know what? Don't talk to me! At all!"

He just chuckled and looked over at Avery, "Damn, wasn't he meant to be the shy one of your family?"

She shot me a glare, "He was."

"Well, I would take you up on that proposition, Boy, but we are here and I needn't see you at all as I have a meeting and then you can fuck off home," R.J chuckled again as we arrived back at the huge house. Gates pulling back to let us into the drive. There, cars were already parked up outside the house with men in suits stood outside the doors looking rather like a mafia. My heart sped slightly as I felt myself sit backwards and looking around rashly at the men who slowly surrounded the car as we pulled up and came to a brake.

R.J slipped the window open speaking to one of them, "He upstairs?"

"Yes, waiting for you," The guys replied, glancing around from me to Avery before looking back at R.J who gave him a nod. He shut his window and looked at Avery, "Babe, take your brother into the bedroom to pack, I'll take care of this and we will be gone."

She nodded, closing her eyes and smiling as R.J leant forward to place a kiss on her forehead. I furrowed my brows. Pack? Gone? Meeting? 'He'? What the fuck was going on here?

I went to speak but the both of them got out of the car.

I followed immediately, looking at the men who watched us with rather stern and stiff looks The cars looked familiar. As my mind tried to figure out where I'd seen cars like this before, we were escorted into the huge house. My head ached a bit from trying to figure it all out, what was going on and where I recognised these people from?

We entered the house, Avery stood close to me as we headed for the stairs. The scene was one I had seen before when I found Avery. It was still beautiful and so... rich. Yet so eerie and dark at the same time. I felt like like I shouldn't be here, like we really shouldn't be here at all. It was like a voice in my head telling me to run, get out now. There were suited men everywhere as if they were guards. I knew I recognised them but nothing was happening in my head but panic and images of this ending in some bloodbath like a Gangster film.

We climbed to the top of the staircase and watched as R.J continued into the hallway but Avery shoved me backwards toward the other side of the hall. We headed toward two double doors at the end of it. Hurriedly, we got in and shut the doors behind us.

"I'm so sorry!" Avery quickly said, pulling me into a hug, "I wish I said something-"

I wormed my way from her and crossed my arms, "What the fuck, Avery? What is this shit? Who are those people?"