Chapter 24

-Recap-

They all stared at me in shock as they said,
"You don't remember?!"

~~~Elena's POV~~~ (writing in her diary)

Dear Diary,

I know that It has been ages since I last wrote in you but Yesterday was one of the best and worst days of my life. Damon is back and he got to meet little Chloe for the first time. It was truly a magical moment. On the other hand, he remembers almost nothing from when he came into mystic falls to when he died. He only remembers me and his family. His mind seems to have somehow replaced Caroline, Matt, Ric and the others for blank faces. Almost like he was compelled to forget them. Isn't that weird? At first I thought that he was compelled to forget them by someone on the other side but that's impossible, right? Oh well, anyways-

My writing was cut short by Damon taking my diary and acting like he was reading it.

"I love Damon so much, he is the best person in the world."

"Give it back!" I shouted at him playfully as we vampire sped around the house, until I knocked over a lamp with my food when I climbed on his back.

"Damon!" I said as I slapped his shoulder.

He fake grabbed his shoulder in pain and said, "What?! You did that!" then ran away doing the 'Jack Sparrow' run.

I picked up my diary from the floor and set it on the table. Then I went to the kitchen to grab a broom to clean up the lamp that had been left in pieces on the floor. Once I was done I went to look for Damon again.

"Damon!"

I felt a tap on my back and turned around to see a very happy Damon holding a bouquet of beautiful white flowers with a pearly ribbon attached on the bottom holding the flowers together. I pecked his cheek and grabbed the flowers.

"Thank you, What's this for though?."

"The lamp." He said chuckling.

We went to the kitchen and put the flowers in a vase when we heard a knock on the door.

~~~Damon's POV~~~

I opened the door to find Bonnie outside, smiling and holding her spell book or whatever.

Elena invited her in and we went to the living room. Elena and I sat down together and Bonnie in front of us.

"What's up Bon?" Elena asked her sweetly. I was just zoning out looking at the fireplace.

"I think I know how to get Damon's memories back." Now I was paying attention.

"How?" I spoke up.

"Well, I found a spell but it requires something."

"Okay, what is it?"

"It requires the blood of a human relative." Bonnie said.

"Bonnie, Chloe has been through more than enough already, there must be another way."Elena said.

"Actually, we couldn't use Chloe even if we wanted to because she has hybrid blood."

"Then what?" I asked

"Stefan."

At that moment Stef came down the stairs.

"My brother Stefan? Sure, except for the slight problem that he's a vampire." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, there's that." Stefan said sitting on down with us.

"He doesn't have to be. There's a spell that will make him human for a day." Bonnie said.

"I'll do it." He responded immediately.

"Are you sure, brother? You don't even know what it requires." I asked him worriedly.

"It's a safe spell, all it requires is his blood and one of a human's. Then the human will become a vampire for a day and the vampire a human. We just need to find a human." Said Bonnie.

"Ill go get one from the grill." I said as I got up.

"Wait, Damon we need someone who we can trust. Who we know will be able to control themselves." Elena said standing up .

I sighed, "And do we know anyone who can do that?" I sat back down.

"I'm willing." Said Bonnie.

"Bon, are you sure?" Elena asked her.

"Of course, plus I will still have my powers which will make it easier to control my thirst." She said nodding.

"Let's do this then." I said putting my arm around Elena.