Chapter 35

Before you guys read this, the winner of the contest is alexbennett123! She will be playing Alex, better known as Lexi, in my new Harry fanfic, Think Again. So, Lexi, make sure you read it, because you're in it! Thank you for loving my story, by the way :) <3

     ***

     I was in my flat, studying my reflection in the mirror of the washroom, trying my best to decide what to wear, how to style my hair, and how to apply my make-up. I wasn't a big fan of make-up, and hardly ever wore it, but it was a special occasion, so therefore, it was needed.

     Deciding to just straighten and pull it into a high ponytail, I plugged my straightener in before making my way into my room, giving it time to heat up. Shuffling through the clothes in my closet, I criticized each and every shirt, pants, and dress, listing the pros and cons of each outfit in my head. I decided on a pair of skinny jeans, a cute and fairly fancy top, and flats, knowing that the event isn't formal. Most girls would probably be wearing casual or cocktail dresses, but that honestly wasn't me.

     My teeth were already brushed, and I had smeared on a light layer of concealer and base, or whatever it was called. I knew for a fact that I wasn't a make-up genius, I mean, I hardly owned any of it. I actually only had one of everything- well, not even everything, just the major ones.

     Taking the flat iron in my hand, I slipped it down a strand of hair a few times, before it was perfectly straight. Although my hair was brown, there were natural and dyed strips of blonde weaving their way through, so it was a variety of light brown, chestnut, and blonde. I didn't mind the color of my hair- it was just the waviness and thickness of it that bugged me.

     It took a little less than an hour to straighten it all to meet my expectations, which was a bit of a long time, when some people could get it done in fifteen minutes. My hand was cramped, so I extended my fingers and pulled them back in, stretching my hand out. After I finished popping all of my knuckles in a variety of ways, I pulled my hair into a high ponytail, which took another ten minutes to get in nice and proper, free of bumps.

     I skimmed the mascara brush onto my eye lashes, and even applied eye liner to add to the affect. A bit of a natural eye shadow color and a light lip gloss color later, and I was nice and complete with an hour to spare. I checked Twitter, ignoring and even laughing at a jumble of hate, and thoroughly reading the sweet and supportive tweets- the ones that made me feel fuzzy and smile.

     I know I had huge crushes on a billion different celebrities, and the majority of them had girlfriends that annoyed me, I didn't like, or was jealous of, I never, ever sent hate to any of them, and never, ever would. I know how much it can affect some people, even if I wasn't one of them.

     I snacked for a bit, before it was time to leave. I let out a deep breath, and walked out of the flat, ready to have a great time. Niall wanted to come with me, but I insisted that he should drive with the boys to spend time with them. I knew he would stay with me the whole night.

*

     Walking into the room, it was already crowded. It wouldn't even start for fifteen minutes, but when you have a chance to go the birthday party of Niall Horan, I guess you don't want to show up late. It was dark, but lights of a variety of colors were flashing, while other just stayed on the whole time. It smelt like cologne, perfume, alcohol, and sweets all at the same time. There were speakers on a small stage, not but a foot elevated from the floor, and One Direction was playing, which earned a smile from me.

     I spotted a few people I had met or recognized, including Lou Teasedale, Perrie, Eleanor, and some of he boys' friends. I walked around, and I heard a mix of Happy birthdays from what seemed like a millions people at once, so I said, rather loudly, "Thank you, everybody," so that they could hear me over the music. I was receiving them from people I didn't even know.