Chapter 7

MAEGAN'S POV:

Niall had been gone for a little over three hours. They were going to a movie, after all, so it was bound to take a while.

I can't say I hope he had a good time. In fact, I hope it's going awful and he'll never want to see her again. Not to be rude or anything.

I was watching the Telly and I got a text from Liam asking me if I was okay. He was so sweet. I told him everything was fine and Niall would be home soon. Liam replied, saying that he hoped it went awful, and I laughed.

I wandered into the kitchen to get a snack when the door opened. I jumped up and started breathing heavily, and Niall laughed at me. I glared at him, and he put his hands up, as I saying he's innocent.

Pfft, innocent my bum.

Once I had calmed down, I took a seat next to Niall, fairly far away.

"How did it go?" I asked, trying to sound as excited as possible.

"She's a great girl, but I don't think we'll be going out again," he replied, shrugging.

"So, are you going to go for Savannah?" I questioned, and Niall cringed.

"No way. It's never going to happen," he responded, a sad smile on his face. My heart nearly broke. I didn't want him to be sad, even though he felt this way about another girl.

"Aw, Ni, don't say that," I whispered, wrapping my arms around his torso and cuddling into his side.

"Everything will be okay, okay? She's going to fall on love with you, or she already has. I promise," I reassured him. His eyes fluttered closed and he had a lazy smile plastered into his face.

"I love you," he muttered.

"Love you too."

I sighed. Love. Best friends love. That's not what I wanted, but that's what I was going to have to put up with.

• • • 

I woke with a start, finding myself wrapped in Niall's arms. He was studying my features as he stroked my hair.

"G'morning," he whispered. I almost died right then and there.

"Morning," I replied, and he smiled.

"Mm," he murmured, closing his eyes once again. I unraveled myself from his arms and waltzed into the kitchen. I set to work, making eggs, bacon, and toast.

As soon as the food was done, Niall got up and helped himself, and I laughed. We munched in silence, but it wasn't awkward.

"Ask Savannah out." 

Niall almost choked on his food.

"No."

"Do you love her?"

"Well, yes."

That was devastating news, but I knew what was best for him.

"Ask her out."

"No."

I felt my anger fuming, so I marched out of the kitchen and then out of the flat. I reached the lift and pressed the button for the lobby.

The lift dinged, signaling for me to get out. I stormed down onto a chair and crossed my arms over my chest.

Thinking. I seemed to do that a lot. I wonder what Savannah looked like. Was she beautiful? I assumed she would be. She was probably smart, and she would have to be funny if Niall liked her. I bet she was sweet. Giving, caring, fun. She was probably talented. She was probably outgoing, optimistic, friendly, kind, trustworthy, loyal, honest. What else could you want in someone? Hm, Savannah probably had it all.

I had flaws. I had fairly big thighs in my opinion. I didn't like my stomach. I was pale, and my hair could be untamable. When I was unhappy, I could be rude and inconsiderate. Sometimes I was pushy. I was sometimes a know-it-all and sarcastic. I wasn't always optimistic.

But I was funny. I was loyal, trustworthy, and kind. I'm outgoing. I was also smart, giving, and friendly. If I cared, I was sweet. No, I wasn't beautiful, but I was sort of pretty, right?

"Mae!" Niall exclaimed, jogging up to me. He sat down on the ground in front of me. He had sunglasses and my beanie on, so I giggled.

"I grabbed the first thing I could find," he said, grinning sheepishly.

He took my hands in his, and looked up to stare me in the eye.

"Maegan, I can't ask her out right now, okay? I will, I promise," he said. We never broke our promises.

I nodded. "Okay," I whispered. Niall placed a gentle kiss on each of my knuckles, and my heart soared. He stood up, and so did I.

"Thank you," he said.

"For?"

"Being you." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

*A/N: 

Hello, my lovelies! This is kinda short.

What'd you think? ;)

I'm sunburnt :(

Comment, vote, and follow? Please? 

Thank you!  

~Maee :)