Chapter 23

MAEGAN'S POV:

     Hope and I had been begging her parents to allow her to visit for a few days, and they finally gave in. She arrived only a few hours ago, and she demanded that I had to show her around London tomorrow. I agreed, as long as we just got to stay in my flat for the night, talk, and watch movies.

     I looked around the airport, trying to spot Hope, and when my eyes caught sight of a certain blue-eyed brunette, I grinned and rushed over, and she did the same, although it was a little tough lugging her suitcase and duffel bag around. She dropped both of them and embraced me into a tight hug, one that I gladly returned.

     "I missed you!" she exclaimed, pulling away and smiling. "And I'm in London!"

     "Missed you too," I replied. "And I could tell you that you get used to it, but you really don't."

     We took a cab back to my flat, chatting the whole way there.

     As of right now, we were sprawled out on my couch, watching a bunch of random movies, and blanket draped over our legs. It was pouring down rain outside, but it just added to the effect of having a great movie night. We talked every now and then, and occasionally threw a piece of popcorn at each other. It was great to have her back, and the begging really paid off. I shot Niall a text around five minutes ago, just telling him that Hope was here and he could meet up with her tomorrow if he wanted to.

     I really didn't want to talk to him, or face him. Images from the night of the party kept flooding through my mind, and I hated it, yet loved it at the same time.

      He told me he loved me, yeah, but did he mean it?

     What about Savannah? He loves her too. He's stuck between two girls, and he apparently only began to 'love' me recently, while he's known he loved her for weeks.

     Hope popped a piece of popcorn, hitting me directly on the ear. I smiled at her and she did too.

     "I know who you're thinking about," she said in a sing-song voice, earning an eye roll from me.

     "Whatever."

     "You're thinking of Niaaaall."

     Okay, well, she wasn't wrong.

     "Well, um-" I began, but she cut me off.

     "I know you are."

     "So?"

     "You know, you really should talk to-"

     A knock at the door interrupted her. Hope looked glanced between me and the door, before gesturing to it with her hand. "Aren't you going to get it?" she asked, smirking. I groaned and threw the blanket off my legs, and it flew over Hope's head, covering her face and hair. She stood completely still, and I giggled as I put my hand on the doorknob.

     I pulled the door open the door to find a sopping wet, blue-eyed Blondie.

     Hope's face was still covered, but upon hearing the awkward silence, she flung it over her head and looked at us, and her jaw dropped on the spot. Her eyes were wide, much like mine. None of us said a word, and my gaze didn't leave Niall's eyes, and his didn't leave mine.

     Hope picked up the remote to the telly, not even looking away from us as she paused the movie.

     I glanced at the water dripping from the tips of Niall's hair, falling onto his forehead and nose. I brushed my finger on the ends of his hair to prevent a drop from escaping and running down his face. He smiled slightly, but didn't bare any teeth. Suddenly, he gently placed a hand behind my neck and the other on my cheek, pulling me closer to him.