11: Almost.

Megan Crawford.
Monday, July 13th 2015.
12:08.

"Do you want to do something with me?"

I was taken aback by the sound of his voice, I had not even seen Kyle standing behind me. I was just outside The Book Escape, staring down at my phone to answer a few messages. I was about to go home and watch television for the rest of the day, but it seemed that he had a better plan.

"Something with you? What did you have in mind?" My tone was amused as I crossed my arms across my chest and slanted my head to the side. He had his hands on his pockets as he gave me a shrug and a small smile.

Everything seemed to have changed between us. That morning, as I had been working, we had talked and laughed. He had made me grin more than just a few times and he had teased me, his words had been sweet and simple as we had spoken. He had also stolen a few glances at me, his gaze had been of fascination.

"I am not sure, but I know that I want to spend more time with you," he told me, making my cheeks turn a dark shade of red. "You are the one that lives in this town, when you are bored, what do you tend to do?"

"Stay at home," I said with a chuckle and he rolled his eyes at me. He took a step forward, staring down to look me in the eyes because he was so much taller than me, and took one of my hands in his own. He intertwined our fingers together and I looked down at the sidewalk.

"Come on, Megan," he told me in a quiet and insistent voice. "Do you really want to stay at home when you could you could be with me? Please, love, I promise that I will behave."

There was nothing I wanted more than to be with him. But I was nervous that I would say something dumb and make a fool of myself, I did not want to be embarrassing in front of him. I wanted him to think of me as someone that deserved to be with him, but how could I make him find me charming?

"There is nothing to do around here," I started as I made myself glance up at his pale blue eyes. I took my lip between my teeth to hold back a wide smile from forming on my expression.

"I have my car right there, I will take you wherever you want," Kyle said as he raised his eyebrows and waited for my respond with a hopeful expression. He pointed towards an old, red car that was parked just in front of the store.

I thought for a moment for something we could do together before something came to my mind and I snapped my fingers, "We could go to this park that is a few blocks from here, we could go for a walk or something."

"That sounds good to me, just tell me where it is," Kyle agreed. We walked towards his car and he was sweet enough to open the passenger door for me. I sat down on the black leather seat and took a look around, it smelled like pine trees and dust. I smiled to myself as he sat down on the side of the driver.

Neither of us said anything for a moment as he turned on the engine and put his hands on the steering wheel. The radio started playing, the song was one I did not recognize, but it was slow and calm, and it was nice. I told him the address in a gentle voice and he nodded his head. He peeked at me before he started to drive away from the bookstore and to the park.

I watched him for a moment as he kept both his hands on the wheel, realizing that he was quite a responsible driver. He did not pick up pace at all, he took his time and made sure that he did everything he had to do. He would stop on all the red lights and signs, he would look at the mirrors often, and would stay on the right lane.

I grinned as I looked out the window and at the streets because I could not believe what was happening. I had never seen this coming, but I was glad that I was there with him.