Chapter ten

Derek and I had been playing for a while now and it was getting pitch dark outside. Ugh, I hate the dark. 

"Maybe I should just come back tomorrow" I said.

"No don't, I'll drive you home later if it's because you're scared" he said probably trying to get me scared.

"That's not the reason. I just don't think Isaac will be home anytime soon anyways, so i'll just coe by tomorrow to see how he's doing".

"But you've waited for so long, he'll probably be here soon, I don't think he'll be there all night" Derek said. "Why don't you just call him?" He added.

"Oh fuck, y-yeah you're right, god. I'll call him." I said running a hand through my hair.

God I was stupid. I was so into the game with Derek, that I totally forgot to call him.  I should've called decades ago, now he's gonna wonder why I didn't. And what should I reply? 'Sorry I  forgot to call, I was playing games with half-naked-Derek and completely forgot about calling'  I don't think so. But I needed to know if he was okay, so I called him. Derek sat back down on the couch and continued the game by himself.

I dug out my phone from my pocket and called his number, I exited the room and went in to the bathroom to talk in privacy. It rang a few times before he answered.

"Hello?"  I heard Isaacs voice on the other end of the phone. It felt weirdly good to hear his voice, even though it was raw and tired, you could hear he had been crying, with the stopped nose and sniffles in between.

"Hi, Isaac. It's Stiles, I just wanted to hear how you were." I responded.

"Oh, hi Stiles. Oh I'm sorry I forgot to cancel, I-I'm at the..." he trailed off, making me cut in.

"No, Isaac It's ok, I know, Derek told me. I'm so sorry." Was all I was able to say.

"Stiles..." He was holding back cries. I was about to cry myself of the sound of his sad voice, he sounded so vulnerable, and he was like a broken boy. I felt my eyes water.

"I don't... I don't thi-nk he'll make it" I heard him sobbing quietly, failing at holding it in. I had to remove the phone and take a deep breath before talking again. I didn't want him to know, he needed a strong shoulder.

"I'm coming, don't worry Isaac, I'll be there in 15 minutes, okay?" I reassured.

"No Stiles, it's ok, really. I'll probably be back by tomorrow morning" He sniffled, I could almost hear him wiping his tears away.

"Isaac, are you sure, cause I can be there-"

"Yes, I'm sure, I just wanna be alone right now anyways, I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay... bye."

After that we hung up and I sighed going back to the living room.

"Are you okay?" I'd completely forgotten that Derek was still here. I ran my hands through my hair, sniffling.

"Yeah, I'm good" I said trying not to shiver.

"Yeah I can see that" he said sarcastically.

"How is his granddad?" He asked.

"He doesn't seem to make it" I said almost whispering. "Isaac will be back in the morning, do you mind if I stay over, just until he gets back?"

"No, not at all" he answered. And I forced a smile of gratitude.

I went upstairs to brush my teeth, using Isaacs, I've already used them once so I don't think he'd mind me using them again. After cleaning up I went into Isaac's room, and stripped to boxers. I laid in his bed, the memory of my mothers dead popped up in my head, and I was officially crying. I've been through what he's been through, and I couldn't help but feel so sorry for him, it's not easy losing someone you love so dearly. I saw Derek coming in now wearing a shirt, he was probably cold, I know I am.

"Are you ok?" He asked steeping in closer. "I heard voices so I assumed it was you" he added.

"sorry, I couldn't sleep." I said with a low voice. Derek sat on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" he asked again. I simply nodded, not really wanting to talk about it.

a tear slowly slid down my cheek and I was about to wipe it away swifly, when derek caught my hand, he leaned down closer to my cheek and placed a soft small peck on it.

"Get some sleep," he said getting up and leaving. closing the door behind him.