"Oh yeah." Elli clucked her tongue. "But I haven't yet told you about the recent developments, have I? Also, the doctors have decided to keep Shavanah under observation for a few more days."

"Oh, I hope she gets well soon... but hey, recent developments? Is there anything that I should worry about?" Emma asked with genuine worry.

"When it's Oliver that's connected to those recent developments, then yes, you should worry, Emma. You know what, that fool had apparently made friends with Shavanah's sister, they keep on tittering about nonsense outside Shavanah's cabin all the time. And there's this nurse that had also joined the band wagon, that hospital is just so full of unprofessional people, I tell you, Emma." Elli breathed out in exasperation.

It was only a moment later when Elli realized that she had gone from talking about Shavanah not getting discharged to Oliver and Shavanah's sister's friendship along with Oliver and Lily - the sweet nurse's disturbing closeness.

Elli felt like stomping like a child. Why should she have to think about these insignificant things so much?

"And that is a thing to worry about, Elli, why?" Emma asked the question with the obvious hint of smile in her tone.

For one of the rare times in life, Elli fell quiet.

And hearing the silence and palpable tension from her friends side, Emma decided to move forward with the topic she had called Elli for to discuss about in the first place. She informed Elli that her fiance - Brandan had arranged their tickets to ship them off to Boston at the end of this week.

"Remember, Elli, you and Oliver are supposed to plan the whole party. So, come here on time, okay?" The commanding tone of Emma made Elli raise a brow, but she smiled anyway. This friendship with Emma was one of the best things that happened to her.

---------------------------------------

Getting done with work earlier that day, Elli flew out of the office making Chris frown at her in amusement. But she could care less.

It was the day Shavanah was going to get discharged, and both her and Oliver had decided to help the old woman get home while Shavanah's sister would be waiting for them to arrive back home.

Elli was walking down the corridor shifting her bag from one shoulder to the other. But as she neared Shavanah's cabin, a fit of giggles and laughter of familiar voices made her halt on her steps and look up.

There, Oliver was listening to Lily's heart beats with a stethoscope.

"Are you sure, Lily, that you're alive? Because your heart isn't making a single noise."

"Oh, Oliver, it's time you knew that I belong to the dead."

Another fit of giggle. Elli gritted her teeth.Clutching and unclutching her fists, she made her way towards the cackling pair. It was then, Lily and Oliver noticed her.

"Hey, so the busy bee's here finally!" Oliver exclaimed grinning broadly at Elli.

Putting on a fake smile, Elli said as normally as she could, "Let's get the paper-works done now."

Oliver seemed to notice that Elli was avoiding looking directly at his eyes, it made his grin falter.

"Uh... yeah, sure, let's go." Oliver said and then he cheered looking back at Lily. "Lily here is going to help us with those papers and forms, isn't that so sweet of her?"

Elli watched how Oliver and Lily smiled at each other.

"She is." Her grave tone in a low voice got unnoticed this time by the other two.