one

disclaimer: this was the first story i ever published on wattpad so prepare for cringe, crappy writing, and some really shitty metaphors.

*y/n's pov*

i woke up to the purring of my cat and the buzzing of notifications. sighing, i picked up my phone from my bedside table and read the time displayed on the screen.

8:34.
'i should really get up,' i thought to myself.

reluctantly, i pulled the covers off and dragged myself out of bed. a trail of light led from a crack in the curtains to where i was standing. the weather seemed nice so i opened the curtains fully and pushed the window ajar.

"good morning bell," i said to the small cat circling my feet. "let's get you some food, shall we?"

by the time i had fed bell, cleaned her litter tray and played with her for a bit, it was 9 o'clock.

i walked over to the small kitchen in my rented apartment and filled the kettle. i threw some bread in the toaster and made myself a morning coffee. when the toast was finished I buttered it, put it on a plate and carried it over to the small table where my coffee sat, waiting to wake me up.

i ate my breakfast whilst flicking through my instagram and replied to my messages. once I'd finished eating i headed back to my room to get ready and film a video for my youtube channel. i applied some light makeup and took my long, light brown hair out of the messy bun it had been in all night. i changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a black nirvana top and tied an oversized checkered red flannel around my waist.

i set up my camera and lights before sitting down on my bed. i pressed the record button and started talking.

"hey guys, y/n here and today i'm going to be doing a q&a to celebrate 3 million subscribers!"

i thanked my viewers and then took out my phone and opened twitter. i began answering questions.

q: what would you be doing if you weren't doing youtube?

a: "probably studying something science related in college, i really have no idea though"

q: where'd you think you'll be in 5 years?

a: "5 years older?" i questioned, smirking.

q: are you single?

a: "yup," i said laughing. "single and ready to mingle." i winked jokingly at the camera and then, after a couple more questions, i ended the video with my outro and turned off my equipment.

by now, it was almost 10 o'clock. my stomach turned as i remembered my idiotic decision to pack in the morning. i was going to my friend joe's house for the week and I was supposed to be leaving at 11:30.

joe sugg was one of my closest friends. i met him through youtube 3 years ago and we had been inseparable ever since. he was like a brother to me and i couldn't wait to spend the next few days with him.

i threw some clothes, my wash bag, a book and my filming equipment into a blue ted baker suitcase and zipped it up on the floor beside me.

as i was loading my suitcase into my car i remembered i needed to give my house key to my neighbour so they could look after bell. i closed the boot and walked over to their house, key in hand. i knocked on the door and a minute later it swung open. i found myself looking into the eyes of my neighbour luke. luke and i had history, pretty bad history at that, but unlike most people that didn't affect the friendship we had now. his light brown hair was in a messy quiff, as he had just woken up, and his blue eyes bore into me. "hey y/n, you're looking nice today," he said, smirking. luke always flirts. all the time. with everyone. it's just him and you kind of get used to it. "hey luke," I replied, smiling. "i came over to give you the key."

"you're leaving now?"

he sounded almost sad and i couldn't help but feel a little bit bad.

"sure am," i replied, throwing the key at him.

i started walking away backwards, still looking at him. he raised an eyebrow at me.

"no goodbye hug??" He asked, fake pouting

"nope," i said back, still walking away, but laughing now.

he pulled a cute face and stuck out his lower lip.

"fine," i said laughing, heading back towards him. he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in close. he smelled of the aftershave I gave him as a gift a few weeks ago and suddenly I felt relaxed; like i could just stay in his arms all day.

"bell will be safe with me," he announced, waking me from my trance. i nodded, and pulled away from the hug.

"thanks again luke."

"anytime y/n."

i walked back towards my house.

"love ya," he shouted and blew me a kiss as he walked back inside and shut the door.

i laughed and went back inside my house to collect the last of my things.

laptop in hand, and rucksack on my shoulder, i climbed into my car and started the engine.