Chapter 23

Aria's Pov

"Mommy! Wake up, its Christmas! Mommy!" I heard Daisy say excitedly as I felt her jump onto the bed.

She then jumped onto my legs and I let out a groan as I sat up instantly.

"Ouch." I mumbled as I brought my leg up to me chest.

"Are you okay?" Ezra asked worriedly, sitting down next to me.

"I'm sorry Mommy! I didn't mean to hurt you!" Daisy gasped as she hugged me.

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean it." I whispered, hugging her back.

"Just be careful next time Daisy, you could've hurt Mommy." Ezra told her, pointing to my leg which had a red mark on it.

Daisy looked at me with a guilty look. "I'm sorry Mommy."

"I know, I know." I gave her a small smile and kissed her forehead.

"Anyway, why were you so happy just a minute ago?" I teased, cupping her face in my hands.

Daisy gasped, remembering what day it was. "Mommy it's Christmas!"

I nodded. "It is, Merry Christmas my darling."

I then turned to Ezra and pecked his lips. "Merry Christmas Ezra."

Ezra smiled at me and kissed both my cheeks. "Merry Christmas Aria."

"Mommy, Daddy, did Santa come last night?" Daisy questioned.

I know for a fact he did as my parents stayed up last night to organise everyone's presents. Every year, each person has a pile and last year, Daisy's was the biggest.

"Well why don't we go and find out?" I asked, standing up and taking ahold of Daisy's and Ezra's hands.

We all ran excitedly down the stairs and into the kitchen where my parents and Mike were eating.

"Merry Christmas everyone!' I loudly announced, hugging everyone.

"Merry Christmas Aria, Ezra and Daisy!" My mom smiled, hugging us all.

"Merry Christmas to you all!" My dad said, hugging Daisy and I and shaking hands with Ezra.

Mike also wished us merry Christmas and ruffled Daisy's hair when she jumped on his lap.

"When can we open presents?" Daisy asked eagerly.

"Once you've eaten missy. Sit down please." I instructed, pointing to an empty chair.

Ezra and I both sat down next to Daisy and we all helped ourselves to the food on the table.

"Mommy I'm done! Now can we open the presents?" Daisy whined.

"Not with that attitude young lady. Sit back down and wait for everyone else to finish." I told her, frowning at her.

Daisy immediately sat back down and waited patiently for my mom and Ezra to finish.

Once they were done, Ezra and I helped clear the plates away with my dad.

My mom walked over and picked up Daisy. "Alright, we're done now. Lets go open presents!"

We all sat down on the couch whilst Daisy sat on the floor near her present pile.

"Wow! Look at all these presents!" Daisy gasped.

She then spotted the half eaten cookie and empty glass of milk on the fireplace. "Grandma! Santa ate the cookie we made him!"

My mom laughed. "Wow I think he liked it!"